Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

This reviewer obviously loathed the Eagles before he set foot in the arena. His review is predictably nasty. Still, we can mock it.

The Guardian's review

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

GA, those are amazing videos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Soda, I just watched that Desperado video and it was fantastic too! Loved the gesture at the end for more applause! Too cute!

I am SO happy with the way this tour is starting out. I LOVE the suits. I love the way they start out looking so handsome and then shed the coats later and look even more handsome. When left to their own devices, the guys can make some dubious fashion choices, IMO--Don's plaid shirts & ugly brown shoes, Joe's really loud color combinations, Glenn's wing-tip shoes--c'mon, wing-tips with jeans? Actually, Timmy is the only one who always looks really good! How can you go wrong with tight jeans? But anyway, the suits are great. I think it helps to set them apart from other "experienced" bands. What is a 60-something rock star supposed to wear, anyway? What Mick Jagger wears or what the Eagles wear? Eagles music is classic, and the guys' wardrobe is classic, too. They even got new matching suits for the Mighty Horns! Remember when they made them wear those awful black hats? Only one thing bothers me--these are indoor venues--will they continue to wear the suits in outdoor venues in the heat of the summer? Somehow I just can't see suits at the HRP, at least, not all the way through. We will see.

I also love the set list. I love the fact that they are playing LROOE in its entirety. Since this is the LROOE tour, I really wanted that. And WITW too! And I can't wait to see them all rock out on Somebody--I have loved that song from the beginning. Playing it in tandem with Witchy Woman is perfect, for that spooky, otherworldy vibe.

It's all good. I am happy-happy!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh GA - your little girl singing along is SO ADORABLE

Great job. Loving all of the reviews pics, and videos

I'm not even going to read that. grr.

Wow, GA, I've just seen your videos. They are fabulous. It just brings everything flooding back!

I thought you might like to see the gang at the O2!

Merchandise. I know MF and I both bought the t-shirt on the right.

And my one pic of the Eagles, taken without flash, hence blurred, but you get the idea, and Glenn seems to be looking straight at me!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

That is a wonderful picture of the four of you. I loved listening to GA's little girl singing along too. I know she will always remember that night!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I am SO happy with the way this tour is starting out. I LOVE the suits. I love the way they start out looking so handsome and then shed the coats later and look even more handsome. When left to their own devices, the guys can make some dubious fashion choices, IMO--Don's plaid shirts & ugly brown shoes, Joe's really loud color combinations, Glenn's wing-tip shoes--c'mon, wing-tips with jeans? Actually, Timmy is the only one who always looks really good! How can you go wrong with tight jeans? But anyway, the suits are great. I think it helps to set them apart from other "experienced" bands. What is a 60-something rock star supposed to wear, anyway? What Mick Jagger wears or what the Eagles wear? Eagles music is classic, and the guys' wardrobe is classic, too.
    I see where you're coming from, DF. Really, what SHOULD they wear and make themselves look different from the last tour?

I love it that Don is playing drums on HC, but seeing a man in a suit singing that song.......

I cannot wait to see Somebody live!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Love the pic of all of you guys. GA - Your little girl is so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    OK guys - here they are!

Band Intros - good close-ups here! StephUK - Will Hollis is shown!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...London2008.wmv
    Thanks, will check that out right away!!

Sorry I haven't yet got around to reporting from the Sat 22 show - too overcome at present. Have over 100 photo's - will post some soon when I have sorted out the best and checked what others have posted. My ILAA seat was 3rd row from stage,in block A2(middle block) seat 25, which is very slightly left of centre stage.

More soon

LOL
    Steph

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I'm not even going to read that. grr.

Wow, GA, I've just seen your videos. They are fabulous. It just brings everything flooding back!
    Doesn't it just! I'm still suffering dreadful PGW. I'm not even going to share what I was thinking yesterday. Now I'm just trying to think out another date that I can do. In style!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I thought you might like to see the gang at the O2!

Merchandise. I know MF and I both bought the t-shirt on the right.

And my one pic of the Eagles, taken without flash, hence blurred, but you get the idea, and Glenn seems to be looking straight at me!
    I bought that T-shirt also. I think its definitely the classiest of the lot. Oh and of course I also had to buy a small pink one for guess who........
    And YES! GEF, Glenn was definitely looking at you there.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP