Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the reviews, pictures and videos, ladies! I'm so glad you all had such a fantastic time! It looks like you represented us well!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    OK guys - here they are!

Band Intros - good close-ups here! StephUK - Will Hollis is shown!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...London2008.wmv

Thanks, will check that out right away!!

Sorry I haven't yet got around to reporting from the Sat 22 show - too overcome at present. Have over 100 photo's - will post some soon when I have sorted out the best and checked what others have posted. My ILAA seat was 3rd row from stage,in block A2(middle block) seat 25, which is very slightly left of centre stage.[/quote]

More soon

LOL
    Steph[/quote]

Sounds like you got a great seat too Steph. Looking forward to seeing your pics too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Oh GA - your little girl singing along is SO ADORABLE
    I used this quote but on behalf of Timtot thanks to everyone for the compliments. She loved the show and is on with me to save up for another!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I just watched the YouTube clip of Somebody--it completely rocks! I love it!

I love the clip of NMWITW too.

These new songs are just unbelievable. *sigh*

Seriously, I can barely breathe, I'm so overcome with awe and excitement over your experiences at the London concerts. I watched the clips of HC, TIE and Desperado and I was literally in tears during Desperado. I can guarantee I will be that emotional at the concert too. I called my sister to tell her about watching the clip and crying and she thinks I'm raving mad! This is going to be a very difficult wait until I see them. My sister asked what would happen if I didn't get tickets and I just said, "Oh I will seem them. I will see them!"

Thank you all for posting your reviews, comments, pictures, videos and so on. I'm torn between watching more of the videos and waiting to be surprised. I know I definitely will not watch the videos of the new songs. Those I definitely want to experience live for the first time.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is their wardrobe. I really wish they had changed after the first half. I just don't like the matching wardrobe. But did I see Don's ugly brown shoes in one of the pics?? It was a pic of them sitting on the stools. Anyway, from what I could hear in the clips they sounded fantabulous! And the back drop was awesome. There's been a lot of talk about how good Glenn looked, but from what I could see, Don looked pretty darn good himself.

I cannot wait! I've already decided that I'm going to try to see as many shows as is feasible. I'm already planning on going to Vegas (if they perform there) with my mom and sister - they can gamble and I'll go see the show! I will go by myself if I have to. I think everyone who knows me will go once, but that's it. Is that pathetic that I'd go to a concert by myself??
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

Finally! I'm having server problems and am finding it very difficult to post.

The Guardian review..... very sad. The Guardian is Britain's 'trendy leftie' newspaper. I share the politcs but a band like the Eagles are far too politically incorrect for it. That review does not reflect what I've seen of the You Tube videos. It, unlike the band it purports to criticise, is old, tired, cliched and predictable and could have also appeared in Q, Mojo, etc. At least the supposdly 'conservative' papers, the Times and Telegraph, wrote fair and balanced reviews which were not based on pre-conceived prejudices. This sort of stuff makes me embarrassed to be on the Guardian's side sometimes.

OK. End of rant.

SOMEBODY WAS AWESOME!!!! The dramatic lighting! Don & Tim sharing a mic! (A first)! Joe & Steuart rocking out. And.... and....

I'm not crazy about the merchandise. I already have the skull & HC shirts! :P

I'd better watch some more while I can.

WOW!!! I'm back at work and on my tea break, and I've taken a few minutes to browse through everything that I've missed since Saturday. You girls have been very busy! I have a lot of reading, video watching and drooling to do! Thanks for posting those YouTube links, Soda!

GEF and GA, your reviews are wonderful, and your photos stunning. GA, you even managed to get Glenn's shoes in in some of the pictures! I wasn't able to do that in my pictures! GEF, thanks for posting that pic of the four of us - of course, it's the first time that I've seen it! Not bad!

Well, I spent several hours, since 16:00 yesterday afternoon until the early hours of this morning, writing my review, and it is VERY long. I'm not sure if I should post it here or if I should put it in the Concert Review section. I think I'll post it in the Concert Review section. I also have some photos, and I will share them with you bit by bit:

This is my favourite of those that I managed to take. The boys were doing "How Long", and I just love Glenn's shy little smile.

The dynamic duo of Glenn and Don doing "How Long". I love this one too. Look at how intense they are!

The first pic I took at the concert. Joe - a picture of concentration.

Lovely Timothy.

Serious Don.

I recall that I took all of these while the boys were performing "How Long".

Here are some close-ups of the three musketeers (LOL!), GEF, GA and myself, sitting in our seats and barely able to contain ourselves as we waited for the boys to make their appearance:

Ecstatic Kate (GEF) paying GA and I a visit before the concert!

Bubbly Lisa (GA)!

Monique (Mrs Frey) still not quite believing that she was about to see the Eagles!

One more for today:

Aaaaah... gorgeous Glenn Siiiiiiiiiigh...

There's lots more on the way!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    OK guys - here they are!

Band Intros - good close-ups here! StephUK - Will Hollis is shown!

Witchy Woman - all band members are shown - more wide angles - song in its entirety! GA - is that your little girl singing along during the first part? She sounds absolutely precious singing "Sparks fly from her fingertips."

Thanks GA! Wish my digital camera had your kind of zoom!
    Thanks for posting these videos, Soda!

GA, thanks for sharing your videos with all of us. They are fantastic! I've just watched them, and I must say, it was surreal for me to hear myself singing along (yes, that was me blending in there in the background ) to "Witchy Woman", and the "Play it Glenn" comments when Glenn took to his guitar solo was also me. I was delighted that he was finally doing a solo - something I'd hoped to see. All the loud whooping when Glenn was introducing the band members was me and GA, and you can hear GA clearly laughing when Joe introduced "Life's Been Good". How incredible to see and hear that again. And wasn't Glenn rolling up his sleeves just the sexiest thing possible? I was in heaven watching that!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

MF, what great pics! I can't wait to read your review now. And the three of you look so happy to be there, it made me smile. I'm glad that you had a great time.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Thanks everyone for the photos, the videos, and your reviews, I've got the feeling I'm living the concert again!
    I'll post a review later in the day for you!