Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deacon and the Future

Default Re: Deacon and the Future

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    To combine these ideas - are there sons / children of country musicians who have had success? I remember Hank Williams Jr, but that's way back. Crystal Gayle was Loretta Lynn's sister, but again, way back.... and not really a daughter... but my knowledge of country music is spotty. I've listened to it here and there.
    These come to mind...I'll have to think about it some more.

Rosanne Cash (Johnny Cash)
    Carlene Carter (June Carter)
    Shelley West (Dottie West)
    and of course there's Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray Cyrus)...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thomas Rhett is the son of Rhett Akins. I think he became more popular than his father. I remembered when his father came out in the 90s.

Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum is the daughter of Linda Davis. If you remembered the song Does He Love You, she's the lady that sings with Reba.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-26-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Oh man, that's right, Miley Cyrus.... how could I forget!

Shun, I didn't know that about Lady Antebellum.

I just remembered one from my Fleetwood Mac fandom. Billy Burnette, who was in Fleetwood Mac from 1988-1995, was the son of Dorsey Burnette. Dorsey Burnette wasn't that successful himself, but he was was a recording artist in Nashville with The Burnette Brothers and also released several singles solo. Stevie explicitly said in an interview that Billy first came to her attention because of his "country roots" so there you go.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I still find this notion that one should love and support everything a band does in order to participate in a discussion forum very bizarre. I get it in a subforum about an individual member (me and my Felder rants as an example), but even the band discussion?

Well, I'm trying to keep this thread on topic here - about Deacon and the future - not about message board culture and some people's attitudes towards discussion.

I know the topic does intermingle with your post to a degree, though. What I said earlier basically sounds like nothing even remotely negative could ever be said about Deacon here, which contradicts my statement that it's perfectly normal that not everyone would be into him. I didn't mean it to sound that way, and I don't want to censor opinions about Deacon.

I just think, overall, this thread isn't the place to get into that discussion at length. Let's keep it tightly focused on Deacon and speculation about future projects.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps I missed something but I have not read one mean, nasty, rude or cruel comment regarding Deacon. In fact all the comments I have seen have been nothing but praise for him, saying how talented he is and wishing him nothing but good luck. Just because someone says they hope he makes/finds his own path in the music business is not mean or nasty.
    I would not have any problem with Cindy or Deacon reading this form. Comment regarding Deacon have all been positive and kind. In addition, there are numerous forms here discussing people's love for Glenn and how much he means to them. I would venture a guess when Deacon(and Don, Joe, Tim & Irving) decided to move forward with this venture they knew there would be some criticism regarding this. That is part of the music business and certainly something this band is used to.
    We all wish nothing but success and happiness for Deacon. He is a very talented young man with a bright future ahead of him. I would guess he learned from Glenn how hard the music business can be. I think whatever he chooses he will do fine.

NOTE : I would not be surprised if staff people for the Eagles or even some of their kids have come here and glanced/read thru these threads.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 07-26-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

There's more current country artists that are children or related to other acts as well as those mentioned. I posted about Thomas Rhett and his dad as well as Lee Ann Womack's daughter Aubree Sellers, but I know Alan Jackson's nephew is Rory Feek who was part of the duo Joey + Rory with his wife, and Joey passed away tragically last year too. There was also Pam Tillis and her dad Mel. It's one of the main genres in music I've seen with a lot being related.

I too didn't realize that about Hillary from Lady Antebellum and I'm a fan, even though I knew her family did a Gospel album recently. LOL but now I can totally see a resemblance Linda.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I forgot about Pam Tillis. Lorreta Lynn's twin daughters followed in her mother's footsteps but they weren't big like their mother. I didn't know Rory was related to Alan Jackson.

You also have Lorrie Morgan who's father is George Morgan.

Sometimes but all the time, you get bigger than your parents.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-26-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Perhaps I missed something but I have not read one mean, nasty, rude or cruel comment regarding Deacon.
    Me neither NKIT. Glad to know I'm not alone.