Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deacon and the Future

Default Re: Deacon and the Future

Thomas Rhett is DEFINITELY bigger than Rhett Akins. Rhett had one hit song "That Ain't My Truck". But Rhett Akins now focuses on songwriting with his friends Ben Hayslip and Dallas Davidson and has written a slew of number one hits now. They call their songwriting group "The Peach Pickers" and they open for Luke Bryan on his annual Farm Tour (where Luke plays big farms around the US) and play covers of all the songs they wrote, except the ones Luke sings, obviously.

I'm a huge Thomas Rhett fan. His latest record is really good.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

In terms of children of famous musicians, I'm now checking out Simon Collins, son of Phil Collins. His music isn't the same style as his father, but the album I'm listening to (U Catastrophe) is IMHO more interesting than anything his father has done since his first few solo albums. Much heavier style.

Still, like a lot of music. I find it's OK. But, it doesn't have that something extra that makes me want to buy it. However, I bought a Jakob Dylan solo album.

The Simon Collins album is very well arranged, performed, and arranged. It's very competently written. I can imagine Nine Inch Nails fans enjoying it a lot. But, for me, it lacks that spark somehow. This, for me, is common in the music of many famous children.

On the other hand, I haven't listened to this album in full yet. So, there could be some standout tracks coming up.

Banned

Initially I thought Deacon's inclusion was a, the heart ruling the head, decision but I can't think of anybody who definitely would have done a better job than him.
    Looking at veteran road acts in general, the majority of major bands seem to replace former members with sons, daughters or members of established tribute acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Initially I thought Deacon's inclusion was a, the heart ruling the head, decision but I can't think of anybody who definitely would have done a better job than him.
    Looking at veteran road acts in general, the majority of major bands seem to replace former members with sons, daughters or members of established tribute acts.
    I'm really disappointed that I missed the youtube videos. The one I'd particularly like to see is Deacon doing the guitar solo for AG.

Stuck on the Border

For me, his AG wasn't as good as his PEF or TIE but it that could change. Make sure to try YouTube early on Sunday. For the LA show the time difference worked for us - I posted links to a lot of good videos around noon BST but they were already being taken down and were gone by the time many in the US were out of bed.

They mostly gave us until Monday until they took the videos down. I got majority of the videos before they were taken down. The same thing happened with Don's concert this past weekend. It was almost until Tuesday when all of them were taken down.

I'll be up Saturday night looking on Twitter, Periscope and Instagram like I did two weeks ago, but this time. The festival won't be two hours behind like the Classic West. It was after 10(my time) when the show started. Luckily NYC is only an hour ahead of me. I stayed up until 3am after the show.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

UTW - True - they had your videos blocked by 8AM here in the NY/NJ area.
    I agree, look at them as soon as they are posted because there is not a single one left on you tube. Video police at it again.

Shun - I salute you and thank you again.

Supposed to rain off and on here on Saturday.

Border Desperado

I wish Deacon all the best and I think it's wonderful that Don, Joe, Tim, and probably Vince too are all so supportive. I think Glenn would be very pleased.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Feel free to move or merge if this isn't the right place for this but after seeing the vids of Deacon performing at Classic West and being amazed with how great he was (as was pretty much everyone) it got me wondering about his future music career. It all depends on what he and the band decide to do next but I do hope they're thinking about how this could be a stepping stone for Deacon as a solo artist or if he creates his own band. I think I remember Glenn mentioning in a interview before that Deacon wanted to pursue a music career so it's got me wondering if he does what genre he'll go into. We've seen and heard him do Eagles songs but rock like that and a lot like classic rock doesn't exist anymore. In my opinion his best bets are going into country or alternative rock, as both those genres have their own subgenres of country-rock. I'm hoping the best for him and he's got a bright future ahead and I'm excited for him.

"We've seen and heard him do Eagles songs but rock like that and a lot like classic rock doesn't exist anymore"

---That's exactly why I'd love to see a rejuvenation of the Eagles as a band, and I hope that they do continue with this lineup, maybe adding another rocker singer/songwriter around Vince's age (Personally I'd love to hear how Bryan Adams would sound in the band.)

That kind of music needs to continue to be made . The Eagles are their own genre.

I personally think it would make no sense to call the new band anything other than 'Eagles'. It wouldn't benefit anybody to do so, not the members, and not Glenn's memory. The way they are doing things is a nice tribute to Glenn, in my opinion, including the presence of Deacon and the way he dresses etc.