Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Gill

Default Re: Vince Gill

^ Great post, K! Enjoyed reading your thoughts on this- interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I like Vince Gill and if he wants to sing and play Eagles songs with Deacon Frey, DH, TBS and JW that's great! I just wish they'd perform under their own names or create a new name.

I respectfully disagree. When Glenn died, with the awful shock of his loss, I too thought "This is it for the Eagles. Don & Glenn were so intertwined musically within the band; they just can't go on. Because they can't replace the irreplaceable."

But I thought of Deacon stepping in to sing some of his dad's songs, even then, and thought that would be about the only way that the band could carry on, at least carry on as the Eagles. I'd heard a lot of old YouTube clips of Glenn and Deacon, playing benefits for Deacon's school, etc., and Deacon was really singing and playing great even at age 14. So I thought, just maybe ... but it would depend on whether Don could go on with a new, younger, deeper voice alternating those haunting leads.

I believe this is the only way they could have moved forward as the Eagles, and I don't think it would have worked if they DIDN'T keep the Eagles name. It's a healing thing. Glenn's gone, but his band can live on. Maybe some of the other guys' kids will even come in to the band eventually; I haven't heard anything specific; I'm just speculating . (But Don said his teenage son is a good drummer.)

As long as they adhere to the high standards set by the Eagles for quality, I think keeping the name is doing Glenn homage and honor.

For some reason Glenn's picture didn't show up when I post the other pictures.

Here's Vince with Glenn and the late Eddie Rabbitt.

Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-28-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

Love the bowling photo!

Clearly, substituting Deacon Frey and Vince Gill for Glenn Frey has bought the band more time and enabled them to capitalize on Irving's expanding Classic tour.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Bringing up about using Vince because of him being younger and his higher vocal range, I actually wondered if this was also the reason they got him in the band as I noticed he did some of what used to be Randy's and Timothy's highest harmonies. Just made me wonder if maybe Timothy isn't able to hit some of the high notes as much but Vince can.

And love the pic of Vince, Glenn, and Eddie too!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think that was 1993 when Vince was doing the Common Thread album.
    Nice picture! I think you are right--Timothy sang backing vocals on ICTYW for that album so that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    For some reason Glenn's picture didn't show up when I post the other pictures.

Here's Vince with Glenn and the late Eddie Rabbitt.

I didn't know Glenn ever hung out with Eddie Rabbitt. I love Eddie's music, he was gone way too soon. Thanks for posting these cool pics, Shun.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

There's another picture of Vince, Glenn and I think Huey Lewis at a golf tournament, but I can't find that picture. I think it was in an article that Vince did after Glenn's death.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-28-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Nice picture! I think you are right--Timothy sang backing vocals on ICTYW for that album so that makes sense.

I didn't know Glenn ever hung out with Eddie Rabbitt. I love Eddie's music, he was gone way too soon. Thanks for posting these cool pics, Shun.
    I would guess it's during Common Thread as well. If you remember, Tim had that van dyke, or goatee, (whatever you want to call it) during the video for Take It Easy, but not when they got back together less than a year later.

Eddie Rabbitt!
    Loved his music, always. This is a great shot. Everybody looks happy. Glenn wore those bright colors so well -- most guys do, they just won't.

Thanks for posting this!