Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Vince Gill

Default Re: Vince Gill

Heads-up: Vince will be performing at next week's Academy of Country Music Honors Ceremony. It will be broadcast Aug. 23.

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2017...nors-ceremony/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Vince sang at Troy Gentry's memorial service today. It was requested for Vince to sing his hit song, Whenever You Come Around at the memorial service. From what Vince said, Whenever You Come Around was the first sung Troy sang to his wife. Whenever You Come Around is a beautiful song. One of my favorite songs from his When Love Finds You album that came out in 1994. Vince joked that he didn't have to sing Go Rest High on Mountain. When Vince started to sing, I thought it was going to be some other song that wasn't his, but I was surprised it was Whenever You Come Around.

He also brought up and told Eddie to lean on the Opry family. Don't disappear. Come out here and let this family love on you. I encourage you to stay within this family. I was listening to the memorial service on WSM and live video stream of the memorial service on a Kentucky tv station. They panned to Eddie as Ricky Skaggs and two other people hugging Eddie.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-14-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

It sounds like it was a really nice, touching memorial service. Apparently Vince's singing brought many to tears. I was surprised to read that he sang "Whenever You Come Around" but since that was the first song Troy ever sang to his wife, it makes perfect sense (Vince also sang it to Amy before they got together; he was testing it out to see what she thought of it). I love it; it's my favorite Vince song.

I didn't know it was going to be streamed live. That was a nice gesture to share with fans.

BTW: the 2017 ACM Honors will air Sept. 15 at 9 pm ET. I was mistaken in my earlier post when I said it would air last month.

I think it was open the public too. That was nice of his family. She could had easily let his memorial service be private and especially not be livestream online. Most of the time, the older country singers either have a public memorial service and/or televised it online or TV.

Vince was very choked up. Its like everybody in country music were friends with each other. They were that close with each other
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-14-2017 at 08:36 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I agree with you, Shun. It's probably not easy for a family to share their grief with the public so it was a nice thing for them to do. The country music community is great about coming together during times like this. Vince especially seems to always step up to the plate.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Like I posted in the thread about Troy I wish I would've known this was being live steamed as I would've watched/listened. That's my favorite Vince song too and so nice he sang that for Troy's wife. And that is very true of the country music community and they are one big family.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Here's Troy's Memorial Service I found on YouTube. Vince is on at the end at 1:23:04.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrk_2ycV8h4&list=PLz5EQOpLZd5CN9QithebIpyK KHqkExzGp[/ame]

ETA: The other video was taken down. So I found another one.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-15-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Thank you Shun!!

I saw this on Music City Texas Theater Facebook page. Vince will be playing Don's hometown sometime next year. Don and Jackson will also being play there sometime next year.

https://m.facebook.com/musiccitytexa...pe=3&source=54

Vince comments about his contributions to Dan Fogelberg’s tribute album.

Gill added: “I always loved Dan’s music, and getting the opportunity to sing on the High Country Snows record, over 30 years ago, is still a great memory for me.”
    Read More: Eagles Contribute New Cover Song to Dan Fogelberg Tribute Album | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagle...ckback=tsmclip

I’m not familiar with the High Country Snows album, but the track with Vince’s contribution is called “Wandering Shepherd”—and his backing vocals are just beautiful on it!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfZcj0Hgi8[/ame]