Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic East New York City - July 29, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic East New York City - July 29, 2017

Thanks MaryC - Can't wait for your review. I figured it would be hard for Deacon being back in NYC.

(I think Glenn & Cindy lived in NYC - what 4 years?).

Stuck on the Border

"definitely taping it" - ooh!
    There seem to be far fewer videos than last time.

I think Don said Deacon was seeing a voice coach. So that might had helped and he wasn't so nervous this time. I thought Don and Timothy sounded great and weren't struggling like they were in LA.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I think seeing a voice coach will be a good move if Deacon wishes to continue a music career. He's pretty good as he is, but I think he could still improve a bit. He's more like a '72 Glenn, and we know where Glenn went from there.

Thanks very much for the videos and in particular the quotes from the stage talk. Very much appreciated. I still hope there will be a DVD at some time.

Tim sounded fantastic on LWKUA, in my opinion.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

Was it me or was it Tim who seemed to not be blending in on TIE ?

ly.
    NKIT - I thought the same listening to the LA show and then I read that Vince sang Timothy's part in TIE. Need to confirm this though. If true it's a dumb move, I would think Deacon would be helped by TBS' harmonizing experience and moral support on that verse. If it's not Vince I guess Timothy forgot to how to sing it the right way. In NY he sang LWKUA like it was 1994. They all seemed much less tight last night.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Hi Mary Calif. ! I so missed your posts here ! Welcome back ! I hope this mean we will be seeing you again.

As I stated earlier, it sounded like Tim to me. Truthfully, I just don't think all the voices blend the way they used to with Glenn. They don't have "the" harmonies like they used to. Deacon did a great job though. Don said in his Q & A that he had only played before 100-150 people before the West concert. Cindy should be very proud of him. He said he was a nervous wreck but you could not tell last night from what I saw on the videos posted.

Shun - Thanks for the posting the review. A incredible review considering Newsday has not usually been kind to the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    NKIT - I thought the same listening to the LA show and then I read that Vince sang Timothy's part in TIE. Need to confirm this though. If true it's a dumb move, I would think Deacon would be helped by TBS' harmonizing experience and moral support on that verse. If it's not Vince I guess Timothy forgot to how to sing it the right way. In NY he sang LWKUA like it was 1994. They all seemed much less tight last night.
    Hey stranger. Its good to see you back, MC.

Vince did harmonize with Deacon on Take It Easy.

I think last night, the guys were less nervous and loose. You have to remember its been 2 years (actually 2 years yesterday) since they played a full show together. So they were definitely rusty two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Well, hello! So nice to "see" you back, MaryC!! And, as usual, I couldn't agree more. I only watched them on instagram and YouTube, but I thought they were "less tight" last night, too.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

MaryC - Did you go to the concert two weeks ago ? If so, what did you think ?