Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corporate gigs?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Corporate gigs?

A friend of mine at work has a brother who works for Morgan Stanley. Apparently every year, the company has a big shindig/convention in Las Vegas for their employees (some of them, anyway!) where they hire a major band for a private concert. My friend said they hired the Eagles a few years ago.

This surprised me, as I hadn't heard the Eagles did this. I guess everyone does though, even the Rolling Stones.

Default Re: Corporate gigs?

Yes, they've done several. We don't always hear about them, but occasionally, pictures will pop up on the internet or we'll hear about it through the grapevine like this time (thanks NMB).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It was at the Wynn hotel if anyone is keeping track. My friend couldn't be precise about the year though, just "several years ago." Another fun thing that happens to you in middle age.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, I wish we could find out more about these.

A few years ago Glenn did a private show for State Farm Insurance in, I think, Las Vegas. My bnl/snl went and just happened to remember to tell me about it, knowing I was an Eagles fan! I asked if she got any pictures, but alas, no! She was supposed to try to find out if a friend of hers got any, but I never heard back. I was too embarrassed to show my 'obsession' and didn't ask anymore!

Does anyone know where that last show of Glenn's was in St. Louis?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

If I remembered it was at a school and it was for a guy's 60th Birthday. He must had some big bucks to get the Eagles.

I'm trying to find that video clip right now.

ETA: I found the clip. They played at CBC (Christian Brothers College) High School.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-01-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The Eagles played a high school in McHenry, Illinois in 1975, according to this year book page, with photos! Apparently it was some kind of contest prize by Milk Duds candy and the Western Communities Football League.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Border Rebel

I've read this somewhere before, it may have been here. How cool would that have been! I wish my high school would have done this. I would have contributed a few thousand cards!

Border Rebel

BTW, thanks for posting NMB. I don't think I've seen all of the photos that were posted on Facebook.

My pleasure. Did you read where the text implied the kids were disappointed at the concert? I wonder why. Maybe it was short.

Border Rebel

Yes I did notice that. I can't imagine being disappointed! There is a discussion of this in Eagles memorabilia thread here. Post 1012 talks about wondering about the reason. The next post has a photobucket that I can't access. I find these pictures and this story particularly interesting because it was 1975 and the Eagles with Dan Fogelberg. This was the same year I saw the Eagles(with Fogelberg) for the first time.