Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corporate gigs?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Corporate gigs?

I personally dig "Loving You," but it's a polarizing kind of song! Love it or hate it. You know her daughter is the brilliant comedian Maya Rudolph, from SNL?

Border Rebel

No, I didn't! Love her!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Waaaaay OT: I ended up visiting Minnie Ripperton's grave my last time in Cali. Not intentionally, it's just she's in the same small cemetery as Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys.

OK, back to the Eagles: I wonder if they actually did any shows where Minnie opened for them. We'll have to keep our eyes peeled.

Border Rebel

Yes, she did open for them. I've seen it on a ticket stub site. I'll have to look for it!

Border Rebel

From matching up tour dates, looks like Drake University April 27, 1975. I know I've seen other dates too. This concert looks like it had the Eagles, Fogelberg and Riperton. Not unusual to have 2 openers in those early days. And Irving managed all three of them!

If you get a chance, I would love to hear about your experience, My My!

Like you guys, as soon as I read the caption, I went "Disappointing?? What??"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Waaaaay OT: I ended up visiting Minnie Ripperton's grave my last time in Cali. Not intentionally, it's just she's in the same small cemetery as Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys.

OK, back to the Eagles: I wonder if they actually did any shows where Minnie opened for them. We'll have to keep our eyes peeled.
    Carl Wilson. How I love and miss that man. Saw him in concert many times and was devastated when we learned he had passed away. He was a sweet, super talented guy and his beautiful lead singing on God Only Knows has stood the test of time.

Never saw Minnie open for the Eagles. Did see Dan Fogelberg who I was and still am a big fan of.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If you get a chance, I would love to hear about your experience, My My!

Like you guys, as soon as I read the caption, I went "Disappointing?? What??"
    Thanks, Soda. I will do that. I need to get some of my articles and ads together so I can post them with my scant memories...it was a long time ago!

And as far as being disappointed, I can't imagine. I remember having really lame convocations in school but being happy to be out of class!

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Yes, please! I look forward to reading about your impressions.

Minnie Ripperton opening for the Eagles: what a strange combination.
    NMB-another way OT, but couldn't resist. A strange opening act for the Cat Stevens concert that I attended in February 1976 was...magicians! Not at a small venue either, but at an NBA arena! I always tell my youngest son that the seventies were a weird, magical time...now I know why I chose those words!

Given how much they put into their live performances, I can't imagine ever being disappointed in an Eagles show, even if it was short. I would have been over the moon for a free concert especially since they seem to have done a lot of work to get them to perform.