Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE press

This isn't exactly LROOE press, it is Irving press, but nevertheless:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Irving Azoff was named personal manager of the year at the Pollstar Awards last week.

Irving Azoff accepted the Manager of the Year from presenters Taylor Swift and David Coverdale but it was Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit who delivered the trophy on stage. Azoff took the opportunity to tell the crowd a Walsh story involving adjacent rooms and a chainsaw. Irving also thanked the crowd even though "we probably screwed everyone in this room."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just gotta love Irving. As the guys have said, he may be Satan, but he is THEIR Satan.

Definitely appropriate for Joe Walsh to be one of the presenters, since they go so way back. It was cool of Timothy to come, too - guess Glenn and Don were busy!

I never know what to make of Azoff. I've heard some things about him that make him sound kind of unethical, but the guys like him so I guess I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Our newspaper's "City Scene" entertainment section has a Flashback page with great moments in entertainment history, and for once they actually included the Eagles.

It said, "This week in 1976, The Eagles released their Greatest Hits album." Below it was a picture of the album cover with the caption, "One of these nights, kids today will realize music doesn't get much better than this."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

And that quote is just as meaningful 32 years later when the 'kids' who loved the Eagles in the 70s are passing them onto their kids now!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is so true, GA. After more than 3 decades, this is still some of the best music ever written/recorded. My young nieces and nephews love it. As my travel companions can attest to, my 10 year old niece wanted so badly to be with me at Pebble Beach. She called me several times to "instruct" me on what to tell Glenn. Her favorite is Joe, so I couldn't even tell her about my trip to Atlantic City to see Joe last year, especially since I was supposed to meet him at the M&G. I have promised my nieces that I will take them to at least one show when they tour. The 10 year old has informed me that she wants to sit in the first row. Silly little girl!

Now, as far as Irving, I don't pretend to know how much or little he is involved in the inter-workings of the band. But, say what you will about him, under his guidance, the Eagles have become THE most legendary and successful American band ever. Their Satan indeed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well my kids demand either LROOE, Greatest hits or Glenn 's Universal Masters Collection in the car. I don't get a look in any more!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

This interview hasn't been posted, has it?

"Don Henley Looks Back at His Rock'n'Roll Days"

Here's how it starts out ...

Don Henley looks back at his rock & roll days
    By Alun Palmer 17/03/2008

It is a question Don Henley is ready for. During the 60s and 70s Don and his band the Eagles rock and rolled their way through every drink and drug that came their way.

But that is history - and now Don is the father of three children who will one day ask him about drugs.

"They are still very young and they haven't really asked me any pointed questions but I am prepared for that," he says. "I will tell them I have some regrets and that I wasted a lot of precious time and not a few brain cells.

"It was something that practically everyone was doing. It was a time when there was a generation that was coming of age and experimenting with whatever they could get their hands on.

"But in our case - luckily - not a great deal of damage was done. We managed to remain productive through that period, making albums, touring and being successful.

"We were, and still are, very resilient people. I am thankful that we all came through it and made it out on to the other side.

"Today, I enjoy a glass of good claret and the kids have seen me doing that on occasion, so it is hard to talk to them of total abstinence."
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 05:05 PM.

That was a great article. I read it a few weeks ago - I think I got it in a Google Alert - and was going to alert you to it, but it got lost in the shuffle. I enjoyed reading it again. I admire how candid he is about his past and what he said about how he'll explain it to his kids. And I'm imagining him on the school board. I bet the school board meetings are very well attended!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Thanks for that great interview, Soda! Where is it from? I have never seen it--it must've come out while I was sans computer at the beach with my daughter for spring break.

It is nice to hear him talk about Sharon for a change. He mentions his kids from time to time, but rarely talks about his wife. And he is brutally honest about marriage, as he is about most topics, especially when he talked about the fact that some time apart can be good for their relationship. I have been married over 20 years and I feel the same way--it is good to have a little "space" every now and then.

And I love the bit about the “boring” school meetings! I would go to school meetings if I knew Don would be there, and they would be ANYTHING but boring!

The post date is the 17th - so I guess that would fit! I too was away at the time. Glad you guys enjoyed the read (even though it was your second time, katherine). It's an interesting article!