Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE press

Out on the Border

All my area stores still have the previous issue out.

Me too. I nipped out at lunchtime to our biggest newsagent and they still had last month's issue on the stand.

Try again on Friday, I suppose!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Quote Originally Posted by freyfantastic61
    Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan

I'm going to be calling in daily to see if this is in my local newsagent.
    Hi good news for us GEF as this issue of Rolling Stone is in our shops from this coming wed'21st!! Yipee I have reserved my copy luv FF61
    Ooh, thanks for that, FF61! I'm quite excited about looking in tomorrow!
    I am SO confused!-after asking my local newsagent to reserve a copy of this,I ran down on wed' to collect it BUT it was this week's copy which definetly didn't have the guys on the front!!So far I haven't been able to obtain it! According to the shop it is a weekly publication so am I too early?? The UK often receives things later than the US! LUV FF61

Stuck on the Border

Rolling Stone is a fortnightly publication.

I haven't been able to get mine yet either.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ack! I got mine today! I called around yesterday in the nearest town with a bookstore (35 miles away). They didn't have it, but suggested another Walmart type store and they had it but wouldn't hold it for me! They said they had 4 or 5 copies and was sure I would find one when I got there! Evidently there aren't that many rabid Eagles fans there in a town of 35,000!

On a funny side note, as I was checking out, the guy looked at it and said "hey, the Eagles on Rolling Stone!" He loved the Eagles and proceeded to name each one correctly. Then he said, but isn't there 5 of them? I said Felder was missing and that they had fired him. He looked shocked and I asked him if he had the new album. He said he didn't but was planning to get it. I told him to get it and that it was really good. I hope the guys appreciate my pr work!

I have to say I don't like Don's grayish stubbly fumanchu! Sorry. His hair is darker and the gray beard just makes him look funny. And I always loved his 'fro and facial hair back in the day! I think he should let his hair go gray and then it would look fine. jmo there!

The article is great.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

When I was at the airport in Milwaukee, I walked into a store to pick up a bottle of water, and lying on the counter right next to the cash register was the Rolling Stone with the Eagles on the cover! I took that as a good sign!

During the song "Dirty Laundry" as DonFan said in the Atlanta thread and MF in the London thread, they show various news celebrities and celebrity magazine covers with the gossipy headlines. Then they show the four mock covers with the guys and follow that up with a shot of the boys on the new Rolling Stone! Very cool!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well done Molly! I'm still hoping that this issue will wing its way over here in the near future! We tend to get it about a week after its released in the States, so fingers crossed.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

That is very cool, Molly!

Well, I haven't seen the new copy of Rolling Stone here. I'm lucky if I EVER see ANY copy of Rolling Stone here.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    That is very cool, Molly!

Well, I haven't seen the new copy of Rolling Stone here. I'm lucky if I EVER see ANY copy of Rolling Stone here.
    Well hows about I get you one when I eventually get mine and post it on to you MF?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Wow, Molly. I hadn't noticed that during the show!

I've spent more time and parking money than I should have done going into town every day to look for this. Fingers crossed that it's out this week.

GA, I may take you up on this offer as well if I have no luck this week!

Brooke, you deserve a discount ticket for your next Eagles concert for that!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...