View Poll Results: Do you support a new album by the Eagles + Guests?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If the band is inspired to create new music, I would like to hear and/or buy it.

11 31.43%
  • No. The Eagles' last studio album was in 2007. Nothing they do now can measure up to past releases.

12 34.29%
  • It depends on if and how the "Eagles" name is used.

3 8.57%
  • Only if previously unreleased/newly discovered Glenn music is included.

5 14.29%
  • I don't know/not sure.

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

Default Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

I saw a similar poll on another forum so I was curious about the general view by Border members.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

No, but with the caveat about 'previously unreleased material by Glenn' being the only possible thing that could sway me in the other direction.

Honestly, I'm confused by the choice about using the Eagles name - if it's an Eagles album, they're using the Eagles name, right? I'm also a bit confused about using previously unreleased Glenn material. How do you mean?

I don't want a new album from these "Eagles" but I'm confused by these extra choices, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    No, but with the caveat about 'previously unreleased material by Glenn' being the only possible thing that could sway me in the other direction.
    This is basically it for me. If it would be mixed in with new stuff from the guests, I'd simply only import the songs with Glenn into my iTunes....I'm simply not interested in new music from the new era of this band. Just my feelings on it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Honestly, I'm confused by the choice about using the Eagles name - if it's an Eagles album, they're using the Eagles name, right? I'm also a bit confused about using previously unreleased Glenn material. How do you mean?

I don't want a new album from these "Eagles" but I'm confused by these extra choices, lol.
    Possibly what is meant is that they could do an album with this lineup but not call themselves 'Eagles'. If that's the scenario, I am still not interested in it.

Or miraculously out of nowhere they could find some unissued Eagles recordings featuring Glenn & combine them with newly recorded tracks. But if that were to happen quite frankly, I would only want Henley, Walsh & Schmit involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I picked this option because I support a collaboration between (Henley, Walsh, Schmit, Deacon, and/or Vince) but it shouldn't be labeled "Eagles".
    ex: A Henley/Walsh album

Quote Originally Posted by TW View Post
    I picked this option because I support a collaboration between (Henley, Walsh, Schmit, Deacon, and/or Vince) but it shouldn't be labeled "Eagles".
    ex: A Henley/Walsh album
    Yeah, I don't care if they want to work together as long as they don't pretend it's the Eagles - maybe I should have picked that one too - but the original poll question was that it was an album by the "Eagles" + guests....?

Ah well. I guess it's not a tragedy if I picked the wrong one, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

No.
    I thought there was no unreleased material. However, I know they also claimed they had no footage from the 70's so who knows...

I suppose it's only a matter of time before they do a new album but why? To record Eagles classics featuring Vince Gill and Deacon Frey?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I suppose it's only a matter of time before they do a new album but why? To record Eagles classics featuring Vince Gill and Deacon Frey?
    I have not seen any suggestion that they would go so far as to make an album. It took them long enough to make the last one. I will say this though. If such a thing were to occur it would need to be with new material. Re-recording old songs would shred the last vestiges of their credibility. Let us hope for their sakes they don't even consider such a thing.

But then I didn't think they would attempt to continue playing live, either.