View Poll Results: Do you support a new album by the Eagles + Guests?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. If the band is inspired to create new music, I would like to hear and/or buy it.

11 31.43%
  • No. The Eagles' last studio album was in 2007. Nothing they do now can measure up to past releases.

12 34.29%
  • It depends on if and how the "Eagles" name is used.

3 8.57%
  • Only if previously unreleased/newly discovered Glenn music is included.

5 14.29%
  • I don't know/not sure.

4 11.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Poll: Do you support a new album by Eagles + Guests?

FP & GA - Amen. I would love a dvd of the HOTE tour. I would also love an album of Glenn's songs but would settle for an Eagles album with NUMEROUS unreleased Glenn/Eagles vocals. However, not the usual one song per album. I love Don's, Tim, Randy and Joe's voice but I think they lost a lot when Glenn turned over almost all the vocals to Don. IMHO, that's what was so special about them. Four real lead singers.
    However, it appears we will have to settle for Jack's new album. Thank God for him and Bob.

Stuck on the Border

I like to think I would give and album of new music a fair chance regardless of which name they used but the truth is I'd probably be resistant. Anyway, there's no point me hoping for or worrying about something that will probably never happen.

Using Glenn's analogy of the mothership, it's a nice, safe place and takes a lot of people and effort to get moving. Which is why they have the smaller, more agile boats that go off and explore.

I'd rather hear the solo efforts than a band effort that takes a lot of their time and energy and compromise. I felt this way before Glenn died.

Border Rebel

I chose the "not sure" option, but chances are that if they did put out new music, I'd be curious enough to buy it.

I doubt that it will happen, except maybe live albums from HOTE or the current tour. They were definitely taping at the Classic East the night I was there, and Timothy had different areas of the crowd cheering while each area was was lit up, and the cameras scanned that area.

It's not something I spend much time thinking about, though. IF they do, great. I might like it. I might not. If they don't put out anything new, I'm okay with that, too.
    Last edited by maryc2130; 08-23-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    They were definitely taping at the Classic East the night I was there, and Timothy had different areas of the crowd cheering while each area was was lit up, and the cameras scanned that area.
    A very small part of that showed up in the promotional video for the mini-tour.

I haven't voted yet, although I'm leaning toward 'yes'. My concern is that a new album may not be very good. I don't want to sell them short though. These are a very talented group of guys and I'm sure they wouldn't release anything they didn't think was great.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Honestly, I'm confused by the choice about using the Eagles name - if it's an Eagles album, they're using the Eagles name, right? I'm also a bit confused about using previously unreleased Glenn material. How do you mean?

I don't want a new album from these "Eagles" but I'm confused by these extra choices, lol.
    Sorry about the confusion. I was trying to avoid a wordy subject line. If there is a new album by Don, Joe and Timothy + Guests, my bet is that it would be called an Eagles album. It's possible though that they would go with something else, like "Eagles & Co." or "An Eagles Experience" or even the "family and friends" thing, etc.

As far as new Glenn material, I was thinking of demos or even samples he may have recorded for LROOE that he ditched for some reason. Or even some vintage stuff the band recorded in the 70s but never released, like "Bad Man" just to use an example (although I know that one isn't a favorite of yours, Soda!). There's also music that Glenn and Don wrote together that they may never have actually recorded. Don may decide to revive some of it; Deacon could sing lead. This is one such song that the uploader claims was written by Don and Glenn in the early 70s.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sbel73Q_vo[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Possibly what is meant is that they could do an album with this lineup but not call themselves 'Eagles'. If that's the scenario, I am still not interested in it.

Or miraculously out of nowhere they could find some unissued Eagles recordings featuring Glenn & combine them with newly recorded tracks. But if that were to happen quite frankly, I would only want Henley, Walsh & Schmit involved.
    Hello, welcome back, FP. Yes, your explanations reflect what I meant. Thanks.

Stuck on the Border

Wow - Thanks Delilah ! I know this sounds stupid, but was that Glenn singing the lead ?

No, this was performed by a tribute band called Birds of Prey. I don't how the uploader knows it was written by Glenn and Don but it appeared on an Eagles tribute album, according to the description. There may be more explanation on the album itself. It does make me wonder how many "lost songs" are out there.

You're welcome, NKIT.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Delilah - I knew that did not sound like Glenn. I'll bet they are out there. Remember they scrapped almost all OTB and when the studio closed there were all those taps literally thrown out at the curb. Also, in his book, Don. F. mentions having tapes of them when they were trying to do the new album in the late 90's.

Border Desperado

I think that some of those lost bits and pieces would be very nice to have. Like the original "Hotel California" demo that Felder sent Henley and Frey. I'd love to hear that track.