Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LROOE Tour Set List

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: LROOE Tour Set List

Yes, this thread was brought froward because we were hijacking a different thread.

I was lamenting about how I wish they'd ditch the solo songs and add in more LROOE songs. I'd love to hear Do Something and It's Your World Now... actually, there are several I'd like to hear... but especially those two.

Don't get me wrong, I love their solo songs... but alas... it's an "Eagles" concert... not a Henley show or Walsh show. I want Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Yes, this thread was brought froward because we were hijacking a different thread.

I was lamenting about how I wish they'd ditch the solo songs and add in more LROOE songs. I'd love to hear Do Something and It's Your World Now... actually, there are several I'd like to hear... but especially those two.

Don't get me wrong, I love their solo songs... but alas... it's an "Eagles" concert... not a Henley show or Walsh show. I want Eagles.

Yes well, If I paid to see them sing ASWTDID or RMW, Then I want them to play them. IMHO

Stuck on the Border

EL, they no longer play ASWTDID. You seem to be implying that you have 'paid' to hear it. If you don't would you ask for a refund? I can hardly ask for a refund if I don't hear Somebody, if the band does not wish to play it. But I would rather hear Somebody and any other song from LROOE, than solo songs.

Technically I have if It is on their setlist and I buy tickets to go see them.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Yes well, If I paid to see them sing ASWTDID or RMW, Then I want them to play them. IMHO
    I don't understand this? I'm not talking about individual songs "I" want to hear... but rather, if I'm going to an Eagles show for the LROOE tour, I would expect to hear Eagles songs from the album they are supporting, not solo songs.

I want to hear Nightengale and Outlaw Man... but I know that won't happen... however, they are no longer supporting those albums, so I don't expect it. I do expect to hear a good number of songs off the current album they are supposed to be supporting instead of being a tribute to themselves.

Also, if I didn't frequent this site, I wouldn't have ANY idea of what their set list was. As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize bands had set set lists until recently.

When I go to a concert, I just go w/the flow and wait for what's next... I'd never look up their set list.

Stuck on the Border

And as I pointed out, ASWTDID is no longer on the setlist.

Before last night's show I deliberately didn't even look at the setlist on my Simon & Garfunkel Old Friends DVD. I wanted to be surprised (something that unfortunately will apparently never happen with the Eagles unless it's 'oh, look what's been dropped now'). I don't want to go to a show with some sort of cast iron guarantee that a particular song will be played. However, I would like to see more flexibility from the Eagles that does not necessarily include dropping the new songs.

I am with LTL on this issue, and I know that we both sound critical of the band, but the point is valid.

I love to hear the solo songs as well, which was the point I was trying to make

Stuck on the Border

And I understand your point. But those songs have been played by the band for years. Yet suddenly we have a stack of new songs which have the label 'Eagles' on them, and they are apparently not good enough to be played live.

I am well aware that BOS, LBG and RMW in particular are crowd pleasers. BUT.... and it is a very large 'but'..... some of us wish to hear the Eagles playing Eagles songs.

Of course I suppose I have my own axe to grind here, as all the solo songs are by Don and Joe. How thankful I am that I did get to see Smuggler's Blues in 1995 before it disappeared. Some lucky people even saw The Heat Is On.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, I’ll continue here with the points I was trying to make in the other thread. I know that there are some hardcore fans who would prefer to hear more of the new material, including myself. I have said many times that if I could do the set list for the band, I would definitely make some changes as I’m sure each of you would. However, I also believe that a large majority of fans who attend Eagles shows want and expect to hear the hit songs that they are familiar with, including some of the solo songs that were huge hits. To me, Joe’s solo songs in particular, are an indispensable part of the live shows. I observed the audience’s reactions very closely at each of the LROOE shows that I have attended. The new music got a pretty good polite reception as opposed to Joe who the audience goes wild over. There is just no denying this and that is why I think that the current set list has proven to be a successful formula. I’m not saying that the shows wouldn’t still be great if some changes are made, and again, I could name a few changes that I would welcome. But by and large, the basic format that is being used has been in place since HFO, and the bottom line is that the band remains one of the most successful touring acts ever since the reunion. It is virtually impossible to please everyone, so you have to go with what most fans want to hear. In that regard, I agree with the overall choices the band makes.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Also, if I didn't frequent this site, I wouldn't have ANY idea of what their set list was. As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize bands had set set lists until recently.
    Exactly, ltl. I think that most casual concert goers are like this. They go to a concert not knowing what they will hear, but expecting to hear the music they are familiar with. And I think they would be very disappointed if they heard mostly unfamiliar music instead of the hits they love.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

But Dreamer... don't you think with a set list of 28 songs that they could play 10 LROOE songs (remember it's a double disc and could be treated as two albums) and 18 hits?

I do agree w/you about Joe's material. The crowd does go wild. However, I think that is because Joe has such an image as a showman, that people feel he comes alive during his songs...not so much when playing along w/the band. KWIM? Don't get me wrong, I was the first one standing when they played Funk#49... It just goes back to my thoughts of, if you are touring to support an album, play the album and support it.

I beleive the basis of our ideals are the same.