Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: LROOE Tour Set List

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: LROOE Tour Set List

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Actually FP, even if they were only singing the classics this time around, I still would of went and seen them just as often as I did. I personally don't care what they are playing, if it's the Eagles singing ANY Eagles song, old or new, group or solo, I'd be there---period!
    Exactly, TBF - same with me. And what about the hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people who are seeing the band for their very first time - they want to hear the classics that they familiar with. If you just want to listen to the music, you can always stay home and play the CDs and DVDs whether it is old music or new. If this were the case, there would be no reason for any band to ever tour. Going to a live show is a totally different experience. And not only that, but many of us will then turn around and buy a concert DVD for a show that we went to see live because we like reliving that experience over and over again.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Dreamer and Brooke, I agree to an extent... BUT, then call the tour something else... a la Farwell 1. My only point is if you are going to tour in the name of LROOE to support the LROOE CD, you should at least play a good portion of the songs from that album. KWIM?

LTL, your frustration puts me in mind of Fleetwood Mac's Say You Will tour. The title song (Say You Will) was my favorite. I attended the concert, but they didn't play it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

PM, I think you got unlucky. Fleetwood Mac played Say You Will at almost every show! Perhaps Stevie's voice was strained that night so they dropped it temporarily. However, they did drop two new songs from that tour: Running Through the Garden (only played the first night) and Destiny Rules (only played the first few nights). I happened to run into their "helper drummer" Taku before a show in Atlanta and asked him why they dropped the songs - that we loved them and wanted to hear them. He said, "When we played them, the audience just looked bored."

It's as simple as that, folks. If the audience isn't responding, they drop it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And we hardcore fans know the new songs, but the bulk of the fans are 'casual fans'. Therefore......(insert ax smilie)

Please tell me no! Glenn, honey, you have cut enough of your songs as it is. Please don't cut Somebody. (And if your listening, bring back NKIT, AG, and TS, for pete's sake and mine!)

Besides the classics, I want to hear all the new ones from LROOE that they started out with. I might change Tim's IDWTHAM to Do Something. I loved hearing WITW, LROOE, S, GOTC, and NMWITW.

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Exactly, TBF - same with me. And what about the hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people who are seeing the band for their very first time - they want to hear the classics that they familiar with. If you just want to listen to the music, you can always stay home and play the CDs and DVDs whether it is old music or new. If this were the case, there would be no reason for any band to ever tour. Going to a live show is a totally different experience. And not only that, but many of us will then turn around and buy a concert DVD for a show that we went to see live because we like reliving that experience over and over again.
    I love How Long as the starter especially the way they choreographed the lights to flick on as soon as they strummed the first strum. Nothing new but what a breath taker when the lights came on with the four of them standing there. The way I'd seen them numerous times via pics, dvds or what not(pre_LROOE tour) to see it for myself took the whole Eagles experience to a whole other level.

Most bands do have "set" set lists but to take away from the list isn't something I would expect to happen. Unless circumstances are keeping them from being able to perform them. Then I think it could be easily accepted.

Hearing DL, BOS, Life's Been Good were certainly hightlights of the show. Would've loved it more if I could've heard You Belong To The City as well. In support of the LROOE tour I think a couple more songs from the album should make it back on the list. Or add Already Gone and You Belong To The City and Smugglers Blues.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    And we hardcore fans know the new songs, but the bulk of the fans are 'casual fans'. Therefore......(insert ax smilie)

Please tell me no! Glenn, honey, you have cut enough of your songs as it is. Please don't cut Somebody. (And if your listening, bring back NKIT, AG, and TS, for pete's sake and mine!)

Besides the classics, I want to hear all the new ones from LROOE that they started out with. I might change Tim's IDWTHAM to Do Something. I loved hearing WITW, LROOE, S, GOTC, and NMWITW.

Hear hear.

In my case I will have waited six years and paid over $500 to see Glenn sing the grand total of ONE different song, after he has cut four I saw before plus one I never even got to see.

I am sorry, but that is not right. You can all say to me 'well, don't go then' but that would break my heart.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I shouldn't probably go here but you all know I will anyways.....

If they are dropping songs...are they dropping ticket prices also? Just asking!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Hear hear.

In my case I will have waited six years and paid over $500 to see Glenn sing the grand total of ONE different song, after he has cut four I saw before plus one I never even got to see.

I am sorry, but that is not right. You can all say to me 'well, don't go then' but that would break my heart.
    Well, FP, I’m not trying to break your heart or be harsh, but it does seem that your options are limited here. Since you aren’t hiring the band to play for your own personal private event, unfortunately, you don’t get a say in the set list. Therefore, if you want to go to any of the shows, you have to just accept what they choose to play. But, I absolutely agree with TBF. As I said before, I believe the fans deserve at least a 28-song set list, 3-hour show for the prices of the tickets. However, if the band chooses to cut back the number of songs, the entire fan community will have to decide whether or not the shows ares worth the price. Even though we can vent our frustrations here on this board, the only real hope we have of affecting anything is if the supply starts to outweigh the demand. Probably no amount of bitchin’ and complainin' or screamin’ and kickin’ that we do is going to change things.

(But guys if you are reading ...)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer, you are right, and you won't hear any more complaining from me because like everyone else I will go and see them and have a good time. There isn't any point in repeating the same thing ad infinitum.