Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE Tour Set List

I'm not REAL picky on what songs they perform.......I just really, really want Dirty Laundry, Life in the Fastlane, One Of These Nights, Life's Been Good, and Funk 49 to stay. I'm sure the rest of you are probably tired of hearing those......but seeing as I've never seen them before....those are songs that I have always wanted to see live!

As far as songs from LROOE.....I'd really like to see How Long, Guilty of the Crime, What Do I Do With My Heart, Somebody, I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, Busy Being Fabulous....and....don't hurt me.....Fast Compny

Stuck on the Border

I'm not sick of those songs you list, although frankly if Dirty Laundry went I would not lose any sleep. The songs I would like to see go are The Long Run and In The City as well as ASW, Sunset Grill and LWKUA. If Glenn has to lose any I would go with PEF and/or TITTL.

The LROOE songs I would not like to see are IDWTHA and GOTC. But given that those have already been played live, I guess they will stay. Regarding Fast Company I wouldn't object to it. What I really want is for Don to play drums on a couple of these songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    As far as songs from LROOE.....I'd really like to see How Long, Guilty of the Crime, What Do I Do With My Heart, Somebody, I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, Busy Being Fabulous....and....don't hurt me.....Fast Compny
    I'd like to see all of those except for Fast Company (cringing at the thought) - but to each his/her own! I'd love it if Glenn did Somebody, but I don't see it happening. I could very well be wrong, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I also find The Long Run expendable, but they seem to like doing it.

Of course, our lists assume we'll have a show of comparable length to Farewell 1. We might very well lose up to an hour.

Stuck on the Border

I know one thing - if Glenn persists with this 'nobody wants to listen to me' thing the show won't be much fun. He deliberately made sure he sang a lot of songs on this album. Surely he would want to perform them. Yet most of them seem designed to be performed as solo rather than Eagles songs. That is why the argument for Somebody is so strong. It sounds like an Eagles song and it's uptempo.

I don't know about What Do I Do With My Heart. I would love to see it performed. I'm not sure how they'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I also find The Long Run expendable, but they seem to like doing it.

Of course, our lists assume we'll have a show of comparable length to Farewell 1. We might very well lose up to an hour.
    You mean I have to pare down my list of top 40? Oh come on, they could do it!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Long Run and merely forgot to mention wanting to see that one live Honestly, I do. It's just such a fun song to listen to (imo anyway) and they seem to really enjoy playing it. It's one of the songs I'm listening to all the time. i guess if you guys dislike it that much it just shows that we all have different tastes I can't figure out how I'm so weird! I love that one and GOTC AND IDWTHA. Nah......I think I'll go with unique instead of weird

I had a hard time paring down my set list, but in my fantasy world this would be it (keeping in mind that I would really just love to sit and watch them all day playing everything they ever recorded):

Take It Easy (Don on drums)
    The Disco Strangler (Yeah, it might be dated, but I just love this song)
    Busy Being Fabulous
    James Dean (Don on drums)
    King of Hollywood
    New Kid in Town (Don on drums)
    Hollywood Waltz
    Wasted Time
    What Do I Do with My Heart
    On the Border
    Get Over It

First intermission

Seven Bridges Road
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    The Last Resort
    Center of the Universe
    You Belong to the City
    (Don on drums)
    Funk # 49 (Don on drums)
    Boys of Summer
    Walk Away
    (Don on drums)
    The Long Run
    One of these Nights
    (Don on drums)

Second intermission

Fast Company (Don on drums) - I'm with you on this one Maleah; I've really grown to love this song. It's a blast to sing along with it.
    In the City (Don on drums)
    Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
    Lyin’ Eyes
    (Don on drums)
    You Never Cry Like a Lover
    Life’s Been Good
    (Don on drums)
    Dirty Laundry
    Last Good Time in Town
    Long Road Out of Eden

First Encore

How Long (Don on drums)
    Waiting in the Weeds

Second Encore

Hotel California (Don on drums)
    It’s Your World Now

Third Encore

Already Gone (Don on drums)
    Life in the Fast Lane (Don on drums)
    Desperado
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Dang, Katherine! All you're missing is Teenage Jail! lol

It's Your World Now - hmm! Interesting! That would make everyone cry!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Dang, Katherine! All you're missing is Teenage Jail! lol
    Can you tell I've been listening to some of their older albums? A couple of weeks ago I went to Wal-Mart to buy some storage containers for my Christmas tree. I just happened to take a detour through the CD section and rounded out my Eagles collection. I had never replaced my tapes of Eagles, Desperado, One of These Nights, On the Border, and The Long Run - until now. It's been awhile since I've listened to their songs that haven't been put on any of the Greatest Hits compilation albums. I've just fallen in love again with songs like Hollywood Waltz, Disco Strangler, Doolin-Dalton, Doolin-Dalton/Desperado reprise, You Never Cry Like a Lover (ooh, sexy!), and Journey of the Sorcerer. The cashier said, "Somebody likes the Eagles..." Ya think??
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."