Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE Tour Set List

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    I need to ask you: are "A Month Of Sundays" and "Talking To The Moon" Don songs? Or Glenn songs I don't know about? Please excuse my ignorance. I've been concentrating on getting Glenn's solo collection together, as well as completing my official Eagles collection, so I haven't yet got started on any of the other members' solo work.
    Since I'm just reading your question... yes, both are Don songs. You really should get some of Don's solo work, Talking to The Moon is an incredible song, one of my favorites.

Talking to the Moon IS incredible, as is Oh Lilah. He sings them both beautifully on the Inside Job DVD.

Thanks, DF and EF, for the information! I'm working on starting my Don collection!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - now that we have a set list for the LROOE tour, we can talk more about it. So what do you all think? Here is what the set list looked like for the first show in London:

1st Half
    How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous
    I Don't Want to Hear Any More
    Guilty of the Crime
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can't Tell You Why
    One of These Nights
    Lyin' Eyes
    Boys of Summer
    In the City
    The Long Run

2nd Half
    No More Walks in the Wood
    Waiting in the Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Take It to the Limit
    Long Road Out of Eden
    Somebody
    Walk Away
    Witchy Woman
    Life's Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Heartache Tonight
    Life in the Fast Lane

1st Encore
    Rocky Mountain Way
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance

2nd Encore
    Take It Easy
    Desperado

Overall, I'm really pleased. The set list is longer than what I predicted, which I am very glad about. My major disappointment is that Tequila Sunrise is gone. I would also love to have seen What Do I Do With My Heart included. I was surprised that Witchy Woman was back in the show. I would vote to do away with it and bring back TS. Although I love NMCD, I would rather see WDIDWMH since Glenn has been performing NMCD for several years now. I was thrilled to see that Tim has three songs now, although I personally prefer Do Something over I Don't Want to Hear Any More. I was also hoping that they would play I Dreamed There Was No War since it is short, but very beautiful. I may be in the minority, but I am glad to see the solo songs that remain, and was very pleasantly surprized that ASWTDID and RMW are still included. My only other comment is that I am surprized by the placement of Hotel California in the set list. It seems to me that they could switch it with The Long Run and make it the last song of the first half if it isn't going to be an encore. I figured they would drop the third encore, but again, thought that ASWTDID and RMW would be the ones to go.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm very pleased with the set list and glad to see it's so long. Especially glad to see so many new songs, but it's hard to see some of the old standbys disappear, like Tequila Sunrise. I love that song!

I would definitely prefer to hear Do Something over LWKUA.

I think Hotel CA should certainly be in the encores. ASWTTID an encore song? It's just way too dated and needs to go. jmo!

I would rather see What Do I Do With My Heart rather than No More Cloudy Days, if I have to choose, but NMCD has really grown on me.

All in all, I'm very happy. I can't wait to hear Waiting In The Weeds and Somebody live! So guys, hurry up and get the rest of that tour planned!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm largely in agreement with Dreamer over what I miss - Tequila Sunset and Already Gone. I'd trade 'em out for Witchy Woman and The Long Run, respectively.

I'd also like to have heard WDIDWMH live. It's my favorite, along with WITW (which I'm overjoyed to see). I am also delighted at the inclusion of Somebody, to which I have warmed up considerably. It's become a favorite as well. I do wish they had found a way to insert the short songs I Dreamed There Was No War and You Are Not Alone. It makes me sad to think I may never hear those songs live again. They were very powerful.

I think the placement of Hotel California is meant to reassure the audience that despite the fact that they had opened with four new songs, the hits will still be there. It's the first classic they play, so they're bring out the big gun right after the new stuff in case a few unappreciative folks start getting restless.

I actually prefer GOTC to LGTIT for a live song even though I like them pretty much the same on the album. I think they made the right decision. Do we really want to be singing about staying at home and doing crossword puzzles at a concert? No, we want a fun romp like GOTC to keep the energy up.

I understand very well why they are keeping LWKUA - it was minor hit, after all. I'm pleased for Tim that he is now doing three songs. I also think it was the right decision to do IDWHAM instead of Do Something. I just find IDWHAM more pleasant to listen to - it has a little bit more going on musically than Do Something, I think. Do Something's main asset is the shared vocal, which is always a treat.

I wonder if they edited down LROOE - instrumentally if not lyrically? Of course, it does have that killer guitar solo, which undoubtedly re-energizes the crowd if need be. At any rate, we'll see from our fan reviews as they come in.

I'm with Brooke that ASWTDID has gotten a bit ripe over the years, but they seem to have fun with it. Perhaps that's why they're loath to drop it.

Overall, I'm quite pleased at all the new songs, and that they haven't abbreviated the set. They've managed to keep almost all of my favorites from the old set, excepting the two mentioned in the first paragraph. I can't wait to see them live myself at Myrtle Beach!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm very pleased with the set list! I'm thrilled that Tim does IDWTHA and Joe does GOTC....both my favorites from each!

I'm a little curious about the amazing guitar solo for LROOE. I know there was a lot of discussion around the boards as to whether it was Joe or Mr. Smith. It sounds like Joe's work to me....but either way it is fantastic!

Stuck on the Border

I would have had LGTIT and Do Something rather than IDWTHAM and GOTC.

I'm disappointed there was no WDIDWMH. After all the hoo-ha about Don and Glenn singing together, it's left out. I think Glenn's share of the new songs is far too small. I don't count NMCD.

I don't know why they persisit with ASWTDID either. As for ITC I wouldn't miss it for a minute. And if you can't say anything nice about LWKUA... don't.

I honestly still believe that TIE should be the final song. I think Don is far too dominant in Desperado.

I really like the new set list! I agree the only other new song I would have liked to have seen them add would have been WDIDWMH.

My only concern is the absense of Tequila Sunrise. It's my second fav Eagles song of all time and IMO is one of the Eagles Classic's that I go to a concert expecting to hear ( even if I have heard it a hundred times before!!) . I truly hope they put it back in the set as the tour progresses.

Lastly Timothy getting to sing 3 songs is WONDERFUL! I am very happy with the choice of IDWTHAM as his third song.

Stuck on the Border

Glenn dropped NKIT a while ago. Now he's dropped TS. In contrast, the only song Don has lost is Sunset Grill. Don sings 12, Glenn sings 8. I would have removed ASW & TLR in order to include AG & TS, if, as it appears, NKIT has gone for good.