Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: LROOE Tour Set List

You know, FP, I'm inclined to agree with you about Glenn's apparent lack of faith in his own abilities. I know I said before that I had no complaints about the set list and that it was just fantastic to see and hear them play live for the first time, but I would also have loved to see WDIDWMH performed. I truly love the song and Glenn's voice is just superb singing it. He sings with so much feeling and emotion, and I love the way Don takes over the lead vocals towards the end - that would have been mindblowing to see live.

It's also true to say, though, that if the boys sang everything we wanted them to sing, they would be up there for 5 hours! I wanted Timothy to sing at least three songs, and he did that. I was very happy with Don's selection of lead vocal duties, and enjoyed Joe's contribution as well.

The main question is this: what would they have dropped in favour of WDIDWMH? NMCD? I would not have wanted them to drop the latter - it's one of my big favourites. I can only imagine that they want a variety of material, with country rockers, ballads, out-and-out rockers and medium-paced material. They certainly had that, and I love a versatile band. They're so good at everything they do.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Fp and MF I too have said that the one song I would have loved to have heard and didn't was WDIDWMH! I think it is a fantastic song and I'd say the dialogue between Glenn and Don live would have been so special. According to the tour book it has been released as a single, so maybe they'll bow to the pressure and include it in future shows. I would love to see Glenn featuring a bit more in the second half of the show.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

WDIDWMH is the next single - I wonder if there will be a video for it? How awesome would that be?!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'd say it will be absolutely thrilling! Can't wait!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Don't get me started.

OOOOH... Now THAT is exciting...

FP, I love your last emoticon!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Whoa, I hadn't spotted that about WDIDWMH in the tourbook. If it's correct, it should have been released in February. The tourbook isn't entirely gremlin free - it lists NKIT as a single off the Greatest Hits album.

But if WDIDWMH is released as a single, PLEEEEASE let there be a video.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Default Re: LROOE Tour Set List

To add to the set list discussion: They played BBF and Somebody at our shows. Seems not too long after is when they deleted these songs.

I wouldn't mind them taking solo songs out and adding more Eagles songs. Delete couple of the solo songs and bring back the two they've taken out. Glad to hear whatever they choose but Already Gone would be a nice song to include as well.

WDIDWMH as a single -- HURRAY!!!!!!! A video would be awesome. My granddaughter cracks me up when it plays. She recognizes the intro and says, "Oh, no, it's Glenn's broken heart song!" She may only be 4 but the girl has got class.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately, you need to read the dates of the previous posts. This was back in April 2008. Not a word has been heard since about WDIDWMH being released as a single (although it may have been). There was certainly no video.