Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tom Petty

Default Re: RIP Tom Petty

Everywhere I look this mass fan sing along in honor of Tom Petty has gotten very positive feedback. Anyone here taken a look?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eNmf_zHIGQE

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Yes, I watched that months ago when it was new. I think it is really cool, too. I liked it so much I actually watched three versions to find the best one (the first one I watched was taken from really high up and the second was near the opposing team's band, which played during part of it).

Love the tribute.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Still not over this.. Can't listen to any of his music because he was the earliest influence for me. First Rock Music I ever heard was the Concert For George and he was there.

Thank you Soda, glad you were aware of the tribute and checked out the different versions, I did that too. i love the energy from the crowd and the fact his little granddaughter will have this special memory.

TM2 Thanks for replying. Losing Tom Petty was a total shock and I can certainly understand how you feel. I had a hard time watching clips of his last concert he really gave fans his all that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Thank you Soda, glad you were aware of the tribute and checked out the different versions, I did that too. i love the energy from the crowd and the fact his little granddaughter will have this special memory.

TM2 Thanks for replying. Losing Tom Petty was a total shock and I can certainly understand how you feel. I had a hard time watching clips of his last concert he really gave fans his all that is for sure.
    Yeah he was there from the beginning for me.

This gets me emotional
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQiWy8RTRo

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Yeah he was there from the beginning for me.

This gets me emotional
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQiWy8RTRo
    The emotion Tom expresses through music is so powerful. Love the song and how beautifully pure Tom sang it in honor of George. Tom would be happy and humbled that you found inspiration in him and his music. What an amazing man. He is greatly missed.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-05-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Incredible article people really need to educate themselves and others on the dangers of these drugs.

Music's Fentanyl Crisis: Inside the drug that killed Prince and Tom Petty

"Artists are touring more than ever before. “The stress of the road is very difficult, but that’s where the money is,” says Harold Owens, senior director of MusiCares, the Grammy-connected assistance program. “So they go on these long tours, and physically it’s horrible. They’re not eating right or taking care of themselves.”
    -------------------------

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-petty-w521674
    Last edited by Dawn; 06-22-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Incredible article people really need to educate themselves and others on the dangers of these drugs.

Music's Fentanyl Crisis: Inside the drug that killed Prince and Tom Petty

"Artists are touring more than ever before. “The stress of the road is very difficult, but that’s where the money is,” says Harold Owens, senior director of MusiCares, the Grammy-connected assistance program. “So they go on these long tours, and physically it’s horrible. They’re not eating right or taking care of themselves.”
    -------------------------

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...-petty-w521674

I agree. It should not take loosing these guys to know about these issues that affect normal people as well.

I don't wish harm on the faux Eagles, but this article is concerning. It shows their greed might not only be taking its toll on them spiritually; it also might be taking a physical toll. Both Tim and Don have already suffered physical setbacks during this tour. Tim's voice is suffering from strain. If only they would think about something besides money!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't wish harm on the faux Eagles, but this article is concerning. It shows their greed might not only be taking its toll on them spiritually; it also might be taking a physical toll. Both Tim and Don have already suffered physical setbacks during this tour. Tim's voice is suffering from strain. If only they would think about something besides money!
    My sentiments exactly.