Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Default "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Exciting news! A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg will be released on November 17th. According to the press release, "...a moving rendition of “Part of the Plan,” from 1974’s Souvenirs, performed by the Eagles, is included on the collection." The performance is Joe with Don and Timothy doing background vocals.
    If you pre-order today on iTunes, you will receive a digital download of “Hard to Say,” performed by Boz Scaggs, and “Longer,” performed by Amy Grant and Vince Gill, on October 13.

The collection is co-produced by Irving Azoff and also features artists like Garth Brooks, Michael McDonald and Train.

From Facebook Eagles Fastlane

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

Exciting news! A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg will be released on November 17th. According to the press release, "...a moving rendition of “Part of the Plan,” from 1974’s Souvenirs, performed by the Eagles, is included on the collection." The performance is Joe with Don and Timothy doing background vocals.
    From Facebook Eagles Fastlane
    I'm guessing this was recorded in the last nearly two years? This tribute album has been in the making for about 5 years now. If the song was recorded earlier, I'm sure Glenn would've been on it.

Thanks for the update, Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I'm guessing this was recorded in the last nearly two years? This tribute album has been in the making for about 5 years now. If the song was recorded earlier, I'm sure Glenn would've been on it.
    I agree. The tribute cd was discussed in this Joe thread from 2014 (see post #25). The holdup with the Fogelberg/Walsh/Barnstorm induction into the Colorado HOF was waiting for this cd to be completed. And that couldn't happen until a certain "very busy, but important group" was free to go into the studio. Had they been able to make the time, Glenn surely would have been part of it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I'm planning to get the album for a couple of reasons including the revelation that Train participated, I am a huge fan of the band absolutely love Patrick Monahan

I so wish Glenn Frey could have been involved and agree if he could have been he surely would have been.

All things considered if Azoff wants to do a tribute concert and record for fans in honor of Glenn Frey let's hope he can do so in a far more reasonable amount of time.

Dawn

PS Thanks Delilah for the background story/info and link. I did do a search using Fogelberg but came up with zilch.

No worries, Dawn. Now that there is finally a release date, it makes sense to post about it here. I searched for a Dan Fogelberg thread and didn't find one either. Anyway, this is the track list:

1. “Phoenix” performed by Garth Brooks
    2. “Nether Lands” performed by Donna Summer
    3. “Better Change” performed by Michael McDonald
    4. “Longer” performed by Amy Grant/Vince Gill
    5. “Same Old Lang Syne” performed by Train
    6. “Don’t Lose Heart” performed by Dobie Gray
    7. “Old Tennessee” performed by Fool’s Gold/Denny Henson and Tom Kelly
    8. “As the Raven Flies” performed by Casey James
    9. “Sutters Mill” performed by Randy Owens
    10. “Run for the Roses” performed by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay
    11. “Hard to Say” performed by Boz Scaggs
    12. “Part of the Plan” performed by Eagles
    13. “There’s a Place in the World” for a Gambler performed by Jimmy Buffett
    14. “Leader of the Band” performed by Zac Brown

"The Eagles, Garth Brooks, Train, More on Deck for Dan Fogelberg Tribute Album" Variety, Sept. 30, 2017

Stuck on the Border

I suppose I will get flamed for this but I have to say it.

This should not be billed as 'Eagles'.

Why are 'Joe Walsh' and 'Eagles' listed separately when according to Delilahs'post there is no 'Joe Walsh' track? Why did they not just bill this track as 'Joe Walsh'?

I think it's incredibly sad that they managed to find time to do this but have put nothing on record to honour their former founder. I understand they were contractually obliged to do it. That doesn't make it right.

NB: I guess some (most)? will be pleased about this. I don't wish to spoil their pleasure. However as a representative of tha band as it was, I found it necessary to express disappointment.
    Last edited by Freypower; 09-30-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Now I'll have to hear "Run for the Roses" since I'm a Dirthead! I'm sure they will have a great version of it.

Should be a good album. Great artist lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    No worries, Dawn. Now that there is finally a release date, it makes sense to post about it here. I searched for a Dan Fogelberg thread and didn't find one either. Anyway, this is the track list:

1. “Phoenix” performed by Garth Brooks
    2. “Nether Lands” performed by Donna Summer
    3. “Better Change” performed by Michael McDonald
    4. “Longer” performed by Amy Grant/Vince Gill
    5. “Same Old Lang Syne” performed by Train
    6. “Don’t Lose Heart” performed by Dobie Gray
    7. “Old Tennessee” performed by Fool’s Gold/Denny Henson and Tom Kelly
    8. “As the Raven Flies” performed by Casey James
    9. “Sutters Mill” performed by Randy Owens
    10. “Run for the Roses” performed by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Richie Furay
    11. “Hard to Say” performed by Boz Scaggs
    12. “Part of the Plan” performed by Eagles
    13. “There’s a Place in the World” for a Gambler performed by Jimmy Buffett
    14. “Leader of the Band” performed by Zac Brown

"The Eagles, Garth Brooks, Train, More on Deck for Dan Fogelberg Tribute Album" Variety, Sept. 30, 2017
    Thanks for posting this now I'm even more excited and planning on ordering a few extra CDs to give as Christmas gifts.

For those who may not know ...

"A tribute CD featuring legendary and soon-to-be-legendary recording artists is underway to honor Dan. Each artist will record the Dan Fogelberg song of their choosing. Produced by Dan's long-time associates and friends Norbert Putnam, Irving Azoff, Chuck Morris, and Dan's wife Jean Fogelberg, the CD will be distributed and promoted by Sony Legacy Recordings. All profits will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation to develop new, more precise testing No date of completion yet, there are many artist schedules to work around, but it's coming together!"

danfogelberg.com

I'm also dismayed they are billing this as the Eagles, but that is a discussion for Eagles 3.0. I hope the album sells well for the sake of the charity.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

"There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" is such a hauntingly beautiful song. It's a little hard to imagine it being sung by Jimmy Buffett.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Why are 'Joe Walsh' and 'Eagles' listed separately when according to Delilahs'post there is no 'Joe Walsh' track? Why did they not just bill this track as 'Joe Walsh'?

I think it's incredibly sad that they managed to find time to do this but have put nothing on record to honour their former founder. I understand they were contractually obliged to do it. That doesn't make it right.
    Maybe Joe plays guitar on some of the other tracks, so he gets a separate credit. Also, it took them several years to manage to find the time to record this song. It's still possible they will do something similar for Glenn; hopefully it won't take as long.