Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Default Re: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If he isn't credited by name I would not assume any such thing. When was Glenn ever referred to as Junior? Why wouldn't he be named?
    1. Glenn was known by several nicknames over the years. He was a nickname kind of guy.
    2. There have been occasions where credits listed on his Eagles and solo albums used people’s nicknames, like an inside joke.
    3. It would be unusual, I would think, to have Don and Randy add backing vocals to someone else’s song without Glenn.

Of course, I could be wrong. The credit for backing vocals actually goes to the “Frontline Gardenia Choir”, made up of the 5 individuals I listed in my previous post.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well, it does seem that Dan's wife did try to get all four aboard. It was probably too hard to get all of the guys together when they were on breaks from the tour. Since neither Glenn or Don could do their separate songs, we get the song done in February.

According to info Bob S. gave at the time of Glenn's death, the doctors knew by sometime in Dec. 2015 that Glenn would not make it. Don has since acknowledged he visited Glenn in ICU. Apparently Joe and Tim were in NYC in Dec. 2015 too(taken from posts here). I would not be surprised if they also visited him. Generally ICU(from my prior experience) allows very close friends to visit. My sad guess is that by then the guys knew Glenn was not going to make it.

I always loved Dan Fogelberg, saw him in concert way back in the late 70's and will buy the cd to support such a worthy cause.
    Wow I never knew that. I guess I should have researched but I assumed Glenn died unexpectedly not with advance notice. This makes it that much sadder for me. It pains me to picture him living his last days. So sad

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    1. Glenn was known by several nicknames over the years. He was a nickname kind of guy.
    2. There have been occasions where credits listed on his Eagles and solo albums used people’s nicknames, like an inside joke.
    3. It would be unusual, I would think, to have Don and Randy add backing vocals to someone else’s song without Glenn.

Of course, I could be wrong. The credit for backing vocals actually goes to the “Frontline Gardenia Choir”, made up of the 5 individuals I listed in my previous post.
    Delilah - you right about Glenn and his love of nicknames. He was the one who gave everyone in the band and David Geffen, nicknames. He was the youngest of them so he could have been called "Junior".
    He had at least three nicknames : "The Lone Arranger", "Roach" and "Elvis". There might have been more but I can't think of them right now.

Delilah - you right about Glenn and his love of nicknames. He was the one who gave everyone in the band and David Geffen, nicknames. He was the youngest of them so he could have been called "Junior".
    He had at least three nicknames : "The Lone Arranger", "Roach" and "Elvis". There might have been more but I can't think of them right now.
    Teen King. ??

Stuck on the Border

Thank You Dawn - how could I forget that ?!! I love that one.

Thank You Dawn - how could I forget that ?!! I love that one.
    Too cute NKIT ... whatever "it," is -- Glenn had it from his early days all through his career

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thank you, moderator, for moving the original posts over to this thread.

“Part of the Plan” is not a favorite of mine either.

For the Souvenirs album Don sings backup and plays drums on “Better Change” and Glenn and Don sing backing vocals on “Someone’s Been Telling You Stories.”

On “There’s a Place in the World for a Gambler” Don, Randy, and 2 ladies sing backing vocals along with someone called ‘Junior (Himself) Vocalcords’ —Glenn, I assume.
    I am reading Felder's book again. In it he said Irving's other key clients were Joe Walsh, Dan Fogelberg,"known to us as 'Junior Bucks' until he made it big and became 'Major Bucks'". So I guess Junior is Dan Fogelberg.

Thanks, My My. That makes sense now. So it seems Glenn wasn’t involved with that song after all.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

It makes me wonder how much Joe and Eagles members did before Joe joined Eagles. I know of the guest slots at concerts, and Eagles appearing on 'So What', but what else?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It makes me wonder how much Joe and Eagles members did before Joe joined Eagles. I know of the guest slots at concerts, and Eagles appearing on 'So What', but what else?
    If there were any other recorded collaborations I think we would have found out about them by now.