Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1977 DC concert

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Sorry, no I can not read what it says. There is also a set list taped to the wall near Don. I think it appears when he is singing OOTN.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - There was supposed to be a documentary back in the 70's and for whatever reason it was not done. Also, there was the biography of the band by Ed Sanders(I think it is his last name) which was never published. I had read something somewhere that the 900 page book was still sitting on a shelf in his home. I have no idea why THAT book was never published.
    Who is Ed Sanders? Did he have something to do with the band? If he had some inside info, would be an interesting read.

What intrigues me is that line in the blog about the documentary that says it was never “released”, as if it had been completed. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

If anyone would know whether the entire concert was filmed, it would be Haskell Wexler. Unfortunately he died Dec. 2015.

Hi ETG, I think it is a set list. I notice in the video that when they finish I believe TIE, their is a set list towards the end of the stage near Glenn.
    I think there’s a setlist on the floor near Joe and one near Glenn. Towards the very end of the tape, as the credits are rolling, you can see someone reaching out trying to grab one. Then a crew member comes along like he’s trying to collect them, but he may have handed one over to a fan.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Delilah, I don't know if the documentary was completed. I don't know if the whole concert was filmed. But, why would they only film part of it ? They filmed over a two day period....
    Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's. According to an old article I read on him, he lived with Glenn and JD when he was doing research for a book on the Manson family he was writing. If I remember right(sorry I read it so long ago), some nuts from the family came to Glenn & JD's house to harass Sanders. Glenn would throw glass milk bottles at them to chase them away.
    Sanders was hired to write a biography type book on the band. I think, but am not sure, it was completed but just never published. Maybe another border member knows something. Soda ? Dreamer ? FP ?
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 03-30-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I was watching OOTN from this concert and about the 1:40 mark the shot is from behind Henley looking out and to his left, about elbow range, there is a white piece of paper. I captured a screen shot but my eyes and the image resolution is not that great, I can not make out what it says.

Could this possibly be a set list? Can someone more experienced (wouldn't take much ) check this out?
    Wow, that's a nice catch. I've seen the concert many time and never actually paid attention to it. I am really intrigued at the moment so I will watch the whole thing and try to find some clearer picture.

edit: This video at 18:53 has the best view of that piece of paper. It is really hard to read because it is not really zoomed in but if that really is a setlist I'm pretty sure that the first song listed is "Walk Away". It makes sense because there are a lot of bootlegs where WA is the second song played, just after Hotel California.
    Last edited by Claret; 03-31-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Wow, that's a nice catch. I've seen the concert many time and never actually paid attention to it. I am really intrigued at the moment so I will watch the whole thing and try to find some clearer picture.

edit: This video at 18:53 has the best view of that piece of paper. It is really hard to read because it is not really zoomed in but if that really is a setlist I'm pretty sure that the first song listed is "Walk Away". It makes sense because there are a lot of bootlegs where WA is the second song played, just after Hotel California.
    Hoping that it isn't because otherwise, all the correctness of not just the Capital Center, but the entire setlists of 1977 of that leg of the tour will be questioned very much. I personally do not hope it is Walk Away, otherwise, it will most probably a lame, cliche setlist and it will not have its speciality like it apparently has currently. All the bootlegs I have of 1977 are with that same boring setlist of Walk Away and then Victim of Love. No Try And Love Again, no Peaceful Easy Feeling, nothing cool. I am just hoping what you saw might just be your mind playing tricks on you and what you saw may actually be Victim of Love.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    I am just hoping what you saw might just be your mind playing tricks on you and what you saw may actually be Victim of Love.
    It is pretty hard to read anything from it, but it seems to me that there are two words and the second one starts with letter 'A'.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    It is pretty hard to read anything from it, but it seems to me that there are two words and the second one starts with letter 'A'.
    Wait. Mind playing tricks on you! Plot twist: You actually saw the first letter of the second line and it is actually Already Gone. According to setlist.fm, that was the second song. Opened with Hotel, then Already Gone and then Victim of Love
    The chemistry... nuff said

Stuck on the Border

Everything I have read or heard indicated the Eagles opened every concert in 1977 with HC. Based on You tube comments from people who were there, that set list seems correct for the most part.

Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's.
    Not quite. He was in The Fugs

Stuck on the Border

SS - Kinda before my time. What kind of group was it then ?
    I read on wikipedia he was a beat poet, a folk singer, and wrote the Manson book "The Family". I saw he is almost 80 now. Do you know why the book on the Eagles was never completed by him ?