Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

@NKIT -- Yeah, I'd have pounced on that set if the 3rd disc was the CC concert or other live footage, but I don't have a blu-ray player...

I'm always glad to offer any help I can for something like that. I hunt deals for a living! LOL. My company, dealnews.com, is based out of Huntsville, AL, and that's what we do. (shameless plug follows.) It's free to use, no registration needed, and we publish deals on everything from Sharpie markers to high-end gaming laptops, and everything in between. So, I'm glad to use my experience. Stop by and visit sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah, have you ever ordered anything from that site. Is it safe ? Do you know anything about it ? TY.
    Hi NKIT, I haven’t ordered from this site but from what I’ve read by others, it’s pretty reliable. They have an eBay store with a 99.6% positive feedback rating.

I ordered my set from the Bullmoose site that Pippin linked to (and for which I also provided a link in post #101). It shipped out immediately cause I received it over Thanksgiving weekend. It was packaged well with no issues. I don’t have the sound system for the 3rd disc but for me, the photo book and the posters were must-haves (I already had the ‘77 tour book).

But yeah, if you just want the remastered cd and the live tracks, then the 2-cd set would be perfect. It was a total missed opportunity that there was no concert dvd or a bunch of extra live tracks.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Hi NKIT, I haven’t ordered from this site but from what I’ve read by others, it’s pretty reliable. They have an eBay store with a 99.6% positive feedback rating.

I ordered my set from the Bullmoose site that Pippin linked to (and for which I also provided a link in post #101). It shipped out immediately cause I received it over Thanksgiving weekend. It was packaged well with no issues. I don’t have the sound system for the 3rd disc but for me, the photo book and the posters were must-haves (I already had the ‘77 tour book).

But yeah, if you just want the remastered cd and the live tracks, then the 2-cd set would be perfect. It was a total missed opportunity that there was no concert dvd or a bunch of extra live tracks.
    I’m just hoping they are saving a lot of stuff for some massive package like their 50th anniversary. I’d be really curious to see what they actually have left. There is definitely extra concert footage from the capital centre

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’m just hoping they are saving a lot of stuff for some massive package like their 50th anniversary. I’d be really curious to see what they actually have left. There is definitely extra concert footage from the capital centre
    Maybe but who knows. I think it’s going to take the fans going into the vaults ourselves and digging for that stuff, lol. Probably a lot of footage is buried under all those “Spread Eagles fill-in-the-city” home movies.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado

I got my HC 2 disc set in the mail yesterday. I love it. The Live CD is worth the 15.00 that I paid for it on Amazon. Very good.

I have one question. Did they sing Hotel California slower on this CD? It sounds slower than the newer versions, or even the album version.

Banned

I thought the early live versions of Hotel California were a guitar short, until they got a guitar tech to join in (I think it's Jage Jackson on the Eagles Live album).

I was also interested to hear the crowd reaction to all those Eagles classics before they became familiar. Even One Of These Nights and Take It To The Limit were relatively new tracks in 1976. From what I hear, I'm guessing that the crowd has been dubbed on to the original recording

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I thought the early live versions of Hotel California were a guitar short, until they got a guitar tech to join in (I think it's Jage Jackson on the Eagles Live album).

I was also interested to hear the crowd reaction to all those Eagles classics before they became familiar. Even One Of These Nights and Take It To The Limit were relatively new tracks in 1976. From what I hear, I'm guessing that the crowd has been dubbed on to the original recording
    Do you know what guitar parts the tech played live? I know Glenn does the rhythm guitar part on a 12 string acoustic, Felder does the arpeggiated chords, the harmony lines and the solo, Joe does the harmony lines and solo. Did the tech do the reggae beat with the muted picking?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I think it’s going to take the fans going into the vaults ourselves and digging for that stuff, lol.
    If only we could! Well, ScarletSun probably could.

As for the Nikon Don footage, he'd sic his lawyers on you

Border Desperado

Since it's Hotel California related, I will ask this here.
    On Life in the Fast Lane, is the album version the only place that Don sings "all the time" in the deep voice? I have listened to various live versions and don't remember hearing it.

Out on the Border

Their performance live at The Los Angeles Forum is spectacular. These guys were absolutely perfect live. Amazing.