Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Me too! One of my tax refund purchases in February was a really good set of headphones, and it's like being in the arena with the crowd. Better, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I just received my bundle in the mail so I have not listened to it yet. However I am loving the hardback book that comes with the bundle. It is 44 pages with various photos.
    This bundle does not come with the matchbook or hotel keyring. That is cool! And now I want those. LOL!
    Is the bundle worth it? I haven't gotten it because I'm saving up money; going to California next Friday, but I was thinking of getting it when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    The remastered HC album is now on Spotify -- with the live tracks included!

I don't yet have the cash to pick up the 40th anniversary edition, but at least I can hear it on Spotify!
    Awesome! Thanks Pippin, this is a must can't wait to check it out!

P.S.

Excellent timing, just got a new set of earphones today as an early Christmas gift and can't wait to plug 'em in.

Last edited by Dawn; 11-24-2017 at 11:35 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Is the bundle worth it? I haven't gotten it because I'm saving up money; going to California next Friday, but I was thinking of getting it when I get back.
    I am not sure to tell the truth. I love the hardback book but I don't think this package should be this expensive. The keyring & t-shirt are ok but the matchbook & hotel keyring you received are more unique. At $140.00 for the deluxe package, the matchbook & hotel keyring should have been included.

This is just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    So what does everyone think of the reissue? I bought the double cd today at my local record store and it came with some goodies; a 40th anniversary poster, keychain that looks like an actual hotel keychain, and a Hotel California matchbook. I like that the live selections lean heavily towards Glenn. I wish "Witchy Woman" had the bluesy intro included. I love finally having a live version of "One of These Nights." You can really hear Glenn in the chorus. The actual album itself doesn't sound different from the remastered version released in the boxset a few years ago, but that's ok because I lost the Hotel California disc from mine.
    I want these goodies! Since there are so many versions out there, could you post a pic of the one you bought that comes with the matchbook and hotel keyring? As HB says, they are more unique; that is stuff I haven't seen before, unlike the goodies with the deluxe version (although I'm buying it too).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just listened to the live tracks on Spotify and they are fantastic!!! So great getting to hear them and such great sound quality.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I got my package and I’m thrilled! I haven’t had a chance to listen yet but I’m loving the posters and the hard-bound photo book w/new-to-me pics of the band, ticket stubs, concert posters, news clippings, etc.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Anyone know if its being released in Europe at all. I checked in my local music store but no joy. Both LROOE and Cass County appeared in Irish stores on release day, but the HOTE box set and After Hours had seperate and later release dates. So confusing!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

@Glenn'sAN: Amazon to the rescue! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotel-Calif.../dp/B076BWHMDP

So looks like you UK folks can snag it, too.

@Buffy: Is the sound quality of the live tracks not OUTSTANDING! I was so impressed!

While I’m thinking about it, I want to mention there are some pics of Timothy in the photo book too (he’s included in some of the band pictures).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...