Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Default Re: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Got the digs in Hawaii on Kauai too

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Agreed - that is a big house for two people. Did they own the apt. in NYC ?
    Just wondering...
    You would have thought they owned the NYC place.

Anyway on the house, did anyone else notice the photo of Glenn & Cindy on a hallway table? That was poignant. There was nothing in the kitchen cupboards yet there was a book near the bed. I did think perhaps it was all a bit whitewashed, but I also thought some of what appeared to be Asian artwork may have reflected Glenn's tastes. So we'll never know. What was sad, was seeing it at all. We should not have had to see his house, not this soon.

I do remember a friend of the family posted pictures on his facebook page of a Thanksgiving dinner at the Frey's house and it looked exactly like these photos of the house for sale....yard and pool were exactly the same...so sad..I also read somewhere that Cindy recently bought a smaller home in LA...obviously downsizing..

I can't blame her for downsizing. Some people are like my mom and can't leave their memories in a house. Some people have to leave a house to maintain their sanity. And that's a lot of house to keep up with.
    Cindy obviously loved Glenn with all her heart, and he her. I wish her all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have to wonder if, other than the backyard, if all of that was really their decor. It all seems so "Better Homes and Gardens" that I wonder if they redecorated a bit to help it sell. The only room that doesn't look like it came out of a magazine for a model home is the one with the striped chairs.
    The decor does remind me a lot of their Aspen home...nicely muted, relaxing tones. I have read that some artists like neutral palettes at home due to some of the hideous patterns used in hotels!
    Since it was sold a good while ago, I guess it would be ok to say that if you google realtor.com 805 snowmass creek rd. you will see a number of listings for the Aspen "cabin" and property, and photos. Grammys are visible on shelves behind a piano. The covered bridge over the creek was seen in an interview. The creek was the one Jimmy Buffet's house sitter drove his car into, and inspired him to write Gypsies in the Palace with Glenn.
    Coincidentally, the LA home is just "South of Sunset"!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

It's a very classy-looking house, love the outside architecture and grounds too. A little sad to be seeing it, though, given the circumstances.

I also read in the Variety article about Cindy having downsized earlier this year.

The Snowmass house was fantastic - my kind of place. Thanks for the tip, FF. Did you notice the skull art piece from OOTN in the living area?

Yes, I saw the OOTN skull, but I forgot to mention it. I knew somebody would see it! It was sad to see the house, beautiful as it may be. I couldn't help but think of River of Dreams when seeing the gorgeous creek. I know it was their primary residence when the older kids were small.
    Personally I would have kept it and sold the others, for my taste. But since Cindy is from Long Beach her folks are probably around LA, and getting older.
    Has anyone heard about Glenn's dad, Eddie? Last I heard, he lived around there.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Yes, I'm sure it was hard to leave both places, with so many memories of raising their family there. Seems contradictory, but sometimes it helps to make a fresh start somewhere new - hopefully that will be the case for Cindy. Don't know about Eddie - I also thought he was in the area.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a beautiful home! Sad to see another "Glenn" thing going away.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Agreed - that is a big house for two people. Did they own the apt. in NYC ?
    Just wondering...
    I think Glenn averted to the fact that he had 'bought' a place in NYC when he said at the show in November 2013 that he was living there. It was his first MSG show on the tour so maybe he used that to make the announcement
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP