Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Default Re: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Graceland. Elvis.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Got the digs in Hawaii on Kauai too
    I wonder if he was close to Timmy's ranch.

Rumor has it that Lindsey Buckingham has a home in Kauai too. The island's not that big. One wonders if all these musicians ran into each other.

This is a bit off topic, but here's a couple cute stories on TripAdvisor about some people running into Glenn and his family on Kauai:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ai_Hawaii.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@soda-- LOLOLOL. Too good. Love the stories. Just goes to show again that Glenn was a great person.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Incredibly cute story Soda- I love it
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks, Soda, for the great stories. I think it does say a lot about an artist---how they treat ordinary people. There are plenty of great ones out there about Glenn(especially yours, of course)!
    I spoke with a lady who had worked in Aspen in the '70s. She had encountered many celebrities, some were strange and not so nice. But Glenn she fondly remembered seeing regularly at a favorite bar where they often chatted, referring to him as her "drinking buddy"!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

@FF-- So very, very true. How famous people treat "just folks" says more about them than just about anything else. Love the story about the lady who worked in Aspen! LOL.

I've been fortunate in that most of the famous people I've met or spoken with (23.5 years at a daily newspaper) have been very gracious. One of the nicest is Marty Stuart, the country singer. He's precious and has never forgotten he's from a little town in the Delta in Mississippi. He's a sweetie.

Jeff Hanna, first owner of Old Black, is another sweetheart of a guy. He's always good for a hug and seems glad to see all his fans. And people, I've seen some obnoxious ones! But he handles them with good humor.

Glenn was brought up in a middle-class Midwestern home, and I think it would have gone against all his raising to be unkind to ordinary folks, or act like he was better than they are. So it makes me glad to see so many stories about his innate decency and kind heart.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Woah! That was a super-classy move, picking up the other couple's check without telling them. I also liked, "Glenn Frey has made generous contributions to some causes on Kauai escpecially after [Hurricane] Iniki."

I believe Glenn Frey had a heart of gold and such a fun sense of humor gotta smile watching him joke around with Shirley Gunch. I could cite other examples of Glenn's generosity but this is one that really underscores how in spite of all his fame and fortune Glenn Frey never lost his connection with his roots and people in his life. It's priceless.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWUSCVeNCQ

Stuck on the Border

I also believe you can judge a person by how they treat us regular folks after they become famous. Everything I have ever read about Glenn showed him to be a kind, regular guy who treated people with respect and never forgot where he came from. From everything I have read or heard, he also seemed very close to all his family and was more than generous to them his entire life.