Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

I'm surprised at how modest and non-rockstar both the LA and Snowmass homes were. They are essentially family homes and, yes, they are bigger and better appointed than the average family home but nothing excessive.

That actually didn't surprise me at all. Glenn was raised in a hardworking Midwestern home. Some things stay with you, and I suspect the idea of some kind of opulent mansion made his skin crawl. LOL. That just wasn't what he wanted. Nice, yes. Comfortable, yes. But not palatial.

No pictures of the man cave. I suspect there was one. LOLOLOL.

It is common for the real estate company to stage a home to have broad appeal and take a “less is more” approach for listing photos, e.g. paint all the walls the same neutral color. I’m not saying the home doesn’t reflect how the Freys actually lived, but the pictures are meant for one thing only: to sell the house at close to listing price as possible.

It is a beautiful house for sure.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Remember Glenn's quote that "if you went into 10 homes in Beverly Hills, I swear..9 of them would be horribly decorated,and you'd think What a waste of money!" A lot of men don't even have an opinion on such things. And since he was described as driving to a BBQ joint with the family in a mini van and riding on the train in NY with Otis to school, I'd guess his taste to not be extravagant.
    I remember someone saying he had an eye for quality in any medium and good taste.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

FF -- exactly that. Exactly that. I'm reminded of the 70s clip from HOTE when he's talking about someone telling him, "Wow! You're so normal!" and he says, "I know!!" LOLOLOL.

That's just what I'd expect from someone raised in that kind of home where hard work and wise money management were considered essentials.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    google realtor.com 805 snowmass creek rd. you will see a number of listings for the Aspen "cabin" and property, and photos. Grammys are visible on shelves behind a piano. The covered bridge over the creek was seen in an interview.
    Wow, that is gorgeous. The sun room/living room looks incredibly cozy and inviting - love the southwestern touches. The master bathroom looks larger than my entire condo

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Remember Glenn's quote that "if you went into 10 homes in Beverly Hills, I swear..9 of them would be horribly decorated,and you'd think What a waste of money!" A lot of men don't even have an opinion on such things. And since he was described as driving to a BBQ joint with the family in a mini van and riding on the train in NY with Otis to school, I'd guess his taste to not be extravagant.
    I remember someone saying he had an eye for quality in any medium and good taste.
    Thanks for the reminder, FF, I remember that quote now.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

The house is beautiful. I really liked the Snowmass house, the grounds were beautiful and the house simple but tastefully decorated.

Glenn struck me as a regular guy. I love that quote - it's so true. Money does not buy good taste.

NKIT-- That's what my Mama has always said! I know, poking the sacred cow, but Graceland is a prime example. Elvis' folks were good people, but there is nothing tasteful about the decor in that house. It's opulent, but tacky as it can be. IMHO.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - I have never been to Graceland and always wanted to see it. Your right, from what I have seen on tv and pictures, it is tacky. My Mom used to say the same thing !