Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Default Re: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I also believe you can judge a person by how they treat us regular folks after they become famous. Everything I have ever read about Glenn showed him to be a kind, regular guy who treated people with respect and never forgot where he came from. From everything I have read or heard, he also seemed very close to all his family and was more than generous to them his entire life.
    It's been awhile since I watched that pre-concert video but truthfully I never get tired of the way Glenn joked around while graciously autographing albums and other memorablia for his old friend and early band mate Doug Gunch, his mom Shirley and others. It's just really sweet.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

I read that Glenn’s LA home has recently sold. A beautiful home for an amazing man and his family. It made me sad thinking how hard it must have been for his family to have moved.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...for-14-million

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I think Glenn averted to the fact that he had 'bought' a place in NYC when he said at the show in November 2013 that he was living there. It was his first MSG show on the tour so maybe he used that to make the announcement

I'm very interested in these data: When did Glenn Frey move to New York? Any idea of the reasons to do it? Did he live in New York until he passed away?
    Last edited by takeiteasy; 11-21-2018 at 05:13 PM.

@TIE -- I suspect he had the place in NYC since apparently, his doctors were there, and it probably made it easier to go there for appointments, treatments, etc., than just getting a hotel room all the time. This would have been particularly true if he received any kind of infusion for either the ulcerative colitis or the RA, since these are done via IV and usually take a couple or three hours. But that's pure speculation on my part. I have no evidence to back that up.

I would agree with your guess, Pippin. I remember from a much older interview that the West always had an appeal to him, he had no interest in New York.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @TIE -- I suspect he had the place in NYC since apparently, his doctors were there, and it probably made it easier to go there for appointments, treatments, etc., than just getting a hotel room all the time. This would have been particularly true if he received any kind of infusion for either the ulcerative colitis or the RA, since these are done via IV and usually take a couple or three hours. But that's pure speculation on my part. I have no evidence to back that up.
    Thanks Pippin, I guessed that his decision had to do with his health issues

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

While Glenn's health could have been one reason, I suspect there were several factors involved around the Frey family's relocation to New York. First of all, his daughter attended NYU and during that time, Glenn accepted an offer to teach a songwriting course at the university. After graduation, Taylor remained in New York. Glenn announced at one of the November, 2013 Madison Square Gardens shows that he had been living in New York for the last year. That timeline coincided with him teaching the songwriting course. I think Deacon also attended Berklee College of Music in Boston for a year or two. Additionally, Glenn had worked some with Alex Gibney on the HOTE documentary there, and then later became involved in working on the Broadway production of what was going to be the Hotel California musical. So I guess it was a logical move considering the amount of time he was spending there.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    While Glenn's health could have been one reason, I suspect there were several factors involved around the Frey family's relocation to New York. First of all, his daughter attended NYU and during that time, Glenn accepted an offer to teach a songwriting course at the university. After graduation, Taylor remained in New York. Glenn announced at one of the November, 2013 Madison Square Gardens shows that he had been living in New York for the last year. That timeline coincided with him teaching the songwriting course. I think Deacon also attended Berklee College of Music in Boston for a year or two. Additionally, Glenn had worked some with Alex Gibney on the HOTE documentary there, and then later became involved in working on the Broadway production of what was going to be the Hotel California musical. So I guess it was a logical move considering the amount of time he was spending there.
    Yes - I was thinking along these lines as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

@Dreamer and Soda -- That makes sense. I didn't remember where Taylor went to school (or Deacon! LOL.) Thanks for the info. Always glad to learn something new!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @Dreamer and Soda -- That makes sense. I didn't remember where Taylor went to school (or Deacon! LOL.) Thanks for the info. Always glad to learn something new!
    A few years ago Deacon's FB page said he went to Emerson College in Boston. Dreamer, I was going to reply and then saw you had beat me to it. TY .