Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn’s LA Home For Sale

I know after his death Cindy was anxious to stay in New York as Otis had settled into school there and she didn't want any more changes in his life at that point.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    While Glenn's health could have been one reason, I suspect there were several factors involved around the Frey family's relocation to New York. First of all, his daughter attended NYU and during that time, Glenn accepted an offer to teach a songwriting course at the university. After graduation, Taylor remained in New York. Glenn announced at one of the November, 2013 Madison Square Gardens shows that he had been living in New York for the last year. That timeline coincided with him teaching the songwriting course. I think Deacon also attended Berklee College of Music in Boston for a year or two. Additionally, Glenn had worked some with Alex Gibney on the HOTE documentary there, and then later became involved in working on the Broadway production of what was going to be the Hotel California musical. So I guess it was a logical move considering the amount of time he was spending there.

I guess I got my timeline wrong. I thought all these things happened in the NY area because he had moved there first, (presumably for health issues), not the other way around. That was just my assumption. I just figured the kids would have naturally gone to school in LA otherwise.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I appreciate you setting me straight about which college Deacon attended, NKIT. I knew he went to school in Boston, but I don't know why I thought it was Berklee.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I appreciate you setting me straight about which college Deacon attended, NKIT. I knew he went to school in Boston, but I don't know why I thought it was Berklee.
    Hi Dreamer, Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Tim's son went to Berklee. I don't know if he graduated though.

It's hard to keep them straight. I always defer to my members with better memories!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I guess I got my timeline wrong. I thought all these things happened in the NY area because he had moved there first, (presumably for health issues), not the other way around. That was just my assumption. I just figured the kids would have naturally gone to school in LA otherwise.
    I think Taylor went to school in LA but it seems she went to college in NYC which may coincide with Glenn moving there if not immediately she started there. I remember thinking at the time what a big move it must have been for her to go from LA to NYC at only about 18/19 years of age!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Los Angeles and New York have such different "vibes" (to use an LA term, lol). It seems the family might have taken to NYC.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten