Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greensboro, NC - Oct. 18, 2017

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    It could, but it also may be just to give Don's voice a bit more of a break and even out the vocals a little more between Don and Joe. With The Last Resort, Don had 8 leads and Joe had 4 - now it's 7 and 5. Vince also has 5, Deacon 3 and Timothy 2. Seven Bridges Road is a group song, although you could argue that Don sings lead on that, also.

I love Walk Away, but I'm sad about The Last Resort. I'm glad I've seen it a few times now between Don's solo shows and the Classic East.
    I like last resort but it’s not a song I think that works live especially at this stage in their careers.

Here’s a video of “Take It Easy” at the Greensboro show. The crowd loves Deacon. I can only imagine Glenn looking down with pride at his son.

Interesting note—instead of Timothy singing the harmony part to the “its a girl my lord...” lines, he steps back and Vince sings Randy’s part instead.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3UA_ETD6iY[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Deacon does a fine job on the vocal. And the Vince harmony works in my opinion.

See the response of the crowd to Vince being introduced for TITTL here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJv4hsw9q7s[/ame]

IMHO, that's another great vocal performance. Possibly Vince could own the ending high notes and develop that in his own direction, but still really impressive.

And look at Don bouncing up and down before LITFL. Looks like he's having fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPEmMnpA-Uc[/ame]

It looks and sounds to me that the new band is gelling.

It's not the same as if Glenn was still around, and never could be. But, they've really done a good job working with Deacon and Vince. And the audience seems to agree.

Thanks for posting these AT. I agree about Vince’s harmony. Perhaps the band decided his voice goes better with Deacon’s in Take It Easy. After all, he’s 10 years younger than Don, Joe and Timothy. And he does a nice job with TITTL.

It’s a hoot to see Don jumping up and down during LITFL. He’s come a long way since the days he’d get after Randy and Joe for doing the same thing.

Now I’m off to check out the videos from the Atlanta shows.

ETA: I just realized there’s a new thread for the Greensboro show—sorry I missed it.
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-22-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    If the set has become a bit more Joe heavy, could that mean that Joe is taking a bigger role in organising the concerts?
    Joe has always been doing those same 4 songs forever. In fact, Vince is doing more leads than him, so no I don't think Joe is taking on bigger role here.

My feeling is that Don is really in control of who does what, when, where, how, and whatever

Default Re: Greensboro, NC - Oct. 18, 2017

Oh and thanks for all the great videos!! Brings back sweet memories of this summer...Gosh it suddenly seems like it was a long time ago.

The great news is, it certainly seems like there will be a tour for 2018 from the way things have been going for them.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

If that happens, which I can see being likely, then that would be a lot of touring. Perhaps they missed it after Glenn passed.

My bad, I see that Joe played Walk Away, instead of Don doing Last Resort. Don't know if that's a permanent change in the setlist, but I like both songs.but I guess I prefer Last Resort.

What I'm really wanting is for Joe to do Turn To Stone, but that is really very unlikely to happen.

I hope if they do a tour for 2018, they change up the setlist a little bit.
    I really don't like seeing the exact same songs over & over again.
    They need to switch it up a little bit.
    If they have that horn section, there's a lot they can do. Can't think of anything offhand at the moment, but would like something new on the setlist!

Maybe they will change up a little next year. They probably didn't want to put too much new songs on Vince and Deacon even though I think they can pick up very quickly on the new old songs in the setlis. The only new "old" songs they put in there since they started back were Walk Away(which hasn't been played in years) and also New York Minute for the Classic East(I don't know if they've played NYM since the HFO tour).

They were testing out the waters and they've gotten great response. I would love for a few songs from Long Road Out of Eden in the setlist. They have every song from all their albums in the setlist, but Long Road Out of Eden. I also liked that they put one of Joe's songs early in the setlist instead of all his songs toward the end. That means all of them have sung a song at the beginning.

They did switch some of the songs around, but I do agree to put more songs in there, but I really don't see that happening to tell the truth.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the videos everyone. TK, I agree. I think Don is calling the shots on everything but taking input from Joe, Tim and maybe Vince.