Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unpopular Eagles opinions

Out on the Border
    In the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountain Redwoods in California

Default Re: Unpopular Eagles opinions

I'm not crazy about "Witchy Woman". I think it's because the image of the "raven hair & ruby lips" reminds me of the skanky girls, that to me as an awkward teenager, were the ones who got the cute guys. I never wanted to be like them, though. I just resented them-maybe even envied them. I skip it every time.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I'm not crazy about "Witchy Woman". I think it's because the image of the "raven hair & ruby lips" reminds me of the skanky girls, that to me as an awkward teenager, were the ones who got the cute guys. I never wanted to be like them, though. I just resented them-maybe even envied them. I skip it every time.
    I never got that vibe, as I was a very sheltered pre-teen at the time. I just thought it was a fun, "spooky" song, with very cool drums!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by takeiteasy View Post
    "Journey of the Sorcerer"
    I know this Eagles song isn't very popular among the fans of the band, but I love it. It's a very good approach to progressive rock: Bernie Leadon made an awesome work here, his banjo is incredible and you can almost hear the sounds of the desert. He was a gifted musician, it's a shame he wouldn't make more things like this in his solo career.
    I think the live version is more powerful than the recorded one. Enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/2ufdz0BbEjc
    I agree with you. I find this song to be an epic, sweeping, cinematic piece that shows real genius. Perhaps it doesn't "fit in" to what an Eagles track might traditionally sound like but it was brave of the Eagles to step outside of the box.

The live version rocks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten