Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Eagles opinions

Default Re: Unpopular Eagles opinions

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    The Last Resort and New Kid in Town by a country mile, then Life in the Fast Lane. I would also personally choose Wasted Time and Pretty Maids over HC.
    Hmm, I like Last Resort but it's not top 3 or even 5 for me for the album. Some of the best lyrics written by Don but the music is just ok. The ending is pretty good with the harmonies. I find LITFL to be a bit overrated

Stuck on the Border

I have to agree that every song on HC is top notch. VOL is probably the weakest but is still a good song. All the other albums have three great songs, two or three good songs and the rest are fillers.

Stuck on the Border

We had an overrated song thread years ago, which seems to be what this is turning into. I will agree with TLR that LWKUA is tepid elevator music, as is the apparently much loved Please Come Home For Christmas, and the one that everyone except me seems to worship, After The Thrill Is Gone.

I have many unpopular opinions, but they are mostly not related to the music. I just don't know if I need to rehash them & open up a can of worms. A lot of them involve my own feelings and therefore they probably can't be discussed in any meaningful manner.

"I Wish You Peace" is a lovely song with a sincerity and warmth I find quite touching.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    "I Wish You Peace" is a lovely song with a sincerity and warmth I find quite touching.
    Well, I agree with this unpopular opinion.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We had an overrated song thread years ago, which seems to be what this is turning into. I will agree with TLR that LWKUA is tepid elevator music, as is the apparently much loved Please Come Home For Christmas, and the one that everyone except me seems to worship, After The Thrill Is Gone.

I have many unpopular opinions, but they are mostly not related to the music. I just don't know if I need to rehash them & open up a can of worms. A lot of them involve my own feelings and therefore they probably can't be discussed in any meaningful manner.
    I mean outside of the Eagles 3.0 stuff and Glenn, I think anything would be fine to discuss here

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I mean outside of the Eagles 3.0 stuff and Glenn, I think anything would be fine to discuss here
    I think it would be better if I kept quiet.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree. It's a simple easy-listening kind of song with a nice message.

I like "I Wish You Peace." It's a nice song, and is a sweet note to mark Bernie's exit from the band.

"The Last Resort" has a fine message, but is way too long, IMHO. It's overwritten and should have been tightened up -- a lot. It's self-indulgence carried a little too far. Brevity, they say, is the essence of wit. HC succeeds because it tells that creepy little story that keeps you interested. LR puts me to sleep after a while. Four minutes should have been the cutoff. That would have forced Don to "write tight". I suspect it would have been a better, more effective song.

Again, all very much My Humble OPINION!

I like I Wish You Peace as well. It has a message that could fit with any time frame. From the 70's to even today. Such a sweet message.