Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On the Border (the song)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: On the Border (the song)

It makes sense for it to be Bernie. Why would he be the only one missing when he co-wrote the song?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: On the Border (the song)

Never have I thought the 'Never mind your face...' line was anyone other than Bernie, and I still don't. As others have said, he could sing low back in the early Eagles days, and I can hear similarities (though nowhere near as deliberate) on the likes of the vocal delivery in Bitter Creek. Given that it became rather obvious that Felder had the poorest vocals of any of the seven Eagles, I am not sure why they would forgo a proven lead singer in favour of a relative newbie who was hired exclusively on his guitar playing ability.

Edit - And maybe this is the cynic in me, but surely if Felder had sung on it, he would have mentioned it by now? The man has divulged practically every minute detail of the band and particularly his contributions over the past 16 years, and if there was such a shining example of his apparently inferior vocals, I can't help but think he would have mentioned it when discussing VOL for example.