Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I agree with FP. They don't even do a proper tribute to Glenn during the show. I go to an Eagles tribute band that plays here every springtime, and both years they played a proper tribute to him. Each time it consisted of a montage of video clips and photos being displayed. In 2016 the full 'Tequila Sunrise' played in the background, in 2017 they did similar using Wasted Time. But both times all the players stopped playing and actually LOOKED at the montage as they stood in respect to Glenn . Afterwards the audience gave them (and by default Glenn ) a standing ovation. This was a TRIBUTE Band, yet I feel they paid a better homage to the founder of the Eagles than his own band did.
    It is like the remaining Eagles want to slowly dilute Glenn 's influence out of the band.
    And what will happen when Deacon decides he's made enough money and has put his name out there and wants to go out on his own. Will another 'fill in' be organised? Or will Vince Gill be elevated to the status of Eagle......? Who knows?
    It does sound like the tribute band does a nice job honoring Glenn’s memory. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that the remaining Eagles perform some kind of special tribute of their own. It can still happen.

As to what I bolded, I honestly don’t think that is possible. By the time Deacon leaves, the band will probably have folded for good. I really don’t think we’re going to see a whole lot more of these video clips in the future, relatively speaking.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

That's my YouTube review video that was shared. Hopefully it's not someone from here that felt that need to repeatedly swear, call me fat, and a redneck who doesn't know music.

I'm a big fan of music and I know what I like. I didn't go into last night's show expecting to hear Glenn and I know he's gone forever. That being said, there are some songs that really just miss his sound and voice. I think my review was overall positive.

I was verbally assaulted for my comments on Joe Walsh. I love Joe Walsh. My final project for a radio class final was a King Biscuit Flour Hour on Walsh. I stand by the fact that he's around 70 though. He nails the high notes in his style but vocally, some of his stuff isn't that great now in my opinion. Maybe part of it is he's been singing a couple of those songs for about 50 years and it's going through the motions... I don't know. He still plays a hell of a guitar and is entertaining.

Again... Just a fan of music who knows what he likes and doesn't.

Out on the Border

Drove from Southern KY to see the Eagles last night with the Mrs. Our second time seeing them as we first saw them in 2010 at Busch Stadium in STL.
    WOW. What a difference! Love Vince Gill and Deacon did a great job with the long hair and sunglasses...trying to channel the old man. But.....very different sound than with GF. We knew it would be different, but were surprised as to how different. Partly due to age and partly due to new members....you just can't replace "that" sound forged by singing together for so many years.
    Still, we enjoyed it immensely and felt it worth the expense and effort.

Our highlights:
    Opening with Seven Bridges Road (WOOOOOOOO!!!)
    Ending with Desperado (Henley still holding off Old Man Time)
    Everything Walsh played (He was on FIRE most of the time)
    The 82 year old woman we sat by experiencing her first concert ever!
    Identifying Ms Kentucky 2017 in line (very sweet young lady)

The lowlights:
    Downtown Louisville construction (yikes!)
    The guy in front of us recording EVERY song on his very bright phone and posting them on FB (dude......)
    Did not sing The Long Run (what?!?!?!?)
    Everything sung by Timmy B (Sorry, no offense, can't stand it...)
    Getting up for work before 6:00 a.m. (worth it!!)

Hope to hear them again in the future, but sad that "that" sound will never be heard LIVE again.

Quote Originally Posted by guodrenniks View Post
    Drove from Southern KY to see the Eagles last night with the Mrs. Our second time seeing them as we first saw them in 2010 at Busch Stadium in STL.
    WOW. What a difference! Love Vince Gill and Deacon did a great job with the long hair and sunglasses...trying to channel the old man. But.....very different sound than with GF. We knew it would be different, but were surprised as to how different. Partly due to age and partly due to new members....you just can't replace "that" sound forged by singing together for so many years.
    Still, we enjoyed it immensely and felt it worth the expense and effort.

Our highlights:
    Opening with Seven Bridges Road (WOOOOOOOO!!!)
    Ending with Desperado (Henley still holding off Old Man Time)
    Everything Walsh played (He was on FIRE most of the time)
    The 82 year old woman we sat by experiencing her first concert ever!
    Identifying Ms Kentucky 2017 in line (very sweet young lady)

The lowlights:
    Downtown Louisville construction (yikes!)
    The guy in front of us recording EVERY song on his very bright phone and posting them on FB (dude......)
    Did not sing The Long Run (what?!?!?!?)
    Everything sung by Timmy B (Sorry, no offense, can't stand it...)
    Getting up for work before 6:00 a.m. (worth it!!)

Hope to hear them again in the future, but sad that "that" sound will never be heard LIVE again.
    Glad you had so much fun At the concert, at the classic east I was also disappointed they didn’t play the long run. Such a good song

I'm glad everyone who went had a great time and thanks Delilah for the videos!

Stuck on the Border

Possibly singing "The Long Run" without Glenn would be a step too far for Don. "Who can go the distance, we'll find out..." takes on a different meaning.

I'm pleased to read all the reviews. It sounds like a good show.

Banned

I wholeheartedly agree with you, UTW, regarding the reasons they aren't singing The Long Run since the resumption. Though I wish they were, too, because it's probably my favorite Eagles song and the one I shared most closely with my late mother.

I've seen the band twice without Glenn, including this show in Louisville. It's very different. Something is obviously missing, which goes without saying. I know many are steadfastly against it, but my wish is for every Eagles fan to see Deacon perform with the band. It's heartwarming. And also he's really, really good. He has an incredible stage presence and a wonderful demeanor.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, UTW, regarding the reasons they aren't singing The Long Run since the resumption. Though I wish they were, too, because it's probably my favorite Eagles song and the one I shared most closely with my late mother.

I've seen the band twice without Glenn, including this show in Louisville. It's very different. Something is obviously missing, which goes without saying. I know many are steadfastly against it, but my wish is for every Eagles fan to see Deacon perform with the band. It's heartwarming. And also he's really, really good. He has an incredible stage presence and a wonderful demeanor.
    Totally agree on the last paragraph. It's awesome seeing Deacon with the remaining Eagles and Vince. It's not my favorite, but I love The Long Run, and miss it, too, although I can understand why they're not doing it.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

A couple of videos I took the other night. They're not the best since I was at the top of the arena. The first one is about 2 minutes of PEF, and the 2nd one is about 2 minutes of Walk Away.

https://youtu.be/ljUofPgdFSs

https://youtu.be/f80nAsXNrEk