Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Default An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Not really a review but some nice pics from last night shows.

”The Eagles Rock the KFC Yum Center” Courier-Journal, Oct. 25; 2017

Here’s a clip of Heartache Tonight from the concert.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6enjyyR6Yk[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, KY - October 24, 2017

Thanks for the info, Shun! Like I said, this was my first Eagles concert since the 70s and 1980, so I'm not too up on all of them!

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, KY - October 24, 2017

So glad to hear that Don is still giving kudos to Randy!! I meant to ask that in my previous post...

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

Those are some good pics! Thanks for sharing Delilah.

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles @ KFC Yum! Center, Louisville KY, 10/24/17

You’re welcome, ETG. Here’s a brief clip of Take It Easy.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXbf5YJ1HU[/ame]

Also, One of These Nights

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_HfB_4zKo4[/ame]

Ok, here’s a video review by an attendee. I like that he says Glenn wasn’t being replaced but that Vince Gill and Deacon are filling in for him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?t=207s&v=maUBh9lu2LA

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ok, here’s a video review by an attendee. I like that he says Glenn wasn’t being replaced but that Vince Gill and Deacon are filling in for him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?t=207s&v=maUBh9lu2LA
    You can't 'fill in' for someone who can't come back. ETA: In fact he said 'stepping in'. The meaning of that is slightly different.

However, this is still doublespeak at its finest. I'm sorry, once again I have to explain that while I don't comment in these threads, that takes the cake. The reality may as well be faced, instead of explained away with euphemisms. I'll go now.

Border Rebel

I was glad to hear it from him too. I always loved Randy and what he brought to the band.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I agree with FP. They don't even do a proper tribute to Glenn during the show. I go to an Eagles tribute band that plays here every springtime, and both years they played a proper tribute to him. Each time it consisted of a montage of video clips and photos being displayed. In 2016 the full 'Tequila Sunrise' played in the background, in 2017 they did similar using Wasted Time. But both times all the players stopped playing and actually LOOKED at the montage as they stood in respect to Glenn . Afterwards the audience gave them (and by default Glenn ) a standing ovation. This was a TRIBUTE Band, yet I feel they paid a better homage to the founder of the Eagles than his own band did.
    It is like the remaining Eagles want to slowly dilute Glenn 's influence out of the band.
    And what will happen when Deacon decides he's made enough money and has put his name out there and wants to go out on his own. Will another 'fill in' be organised? Or will Vince Gill be elevated to the status of Eagle......? Who knows?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You can't 'fill in' for someone who can't come back. ETA: In fact he said 'stepping in'. The meaning of that is slightly different.

However, this is still doublespeak at its finest. I'm sorry, once again I have to explain that while I don't comment in these threads, that takes the cake. The reality may as well be faced, instead of explained away with euphemisms. I'll go now.
    Sorry, you’re right, I mis-quoted him. However the point is that like so many of us, he recognizes that it’s never going to be the same without Glenn, that no one can sound like him or play like him or have the same presence. He even says SBR is missing that centerpiece. I don’t believe anyone goes to these shows expecting Vince or Deacon to be just like Glenn.