Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2017

Default An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2017

Putting up the thread for tonight's show. I watched about maybe a in hour and a half on Periscope then the video ended. Deacon wearing a jersey with Detroit on there. I don't know what it says on the back. Deacon said his family was there. I don't know if he's talking about his mother and siblings (I think Taylor is on the road with them) or his relatives. He was happy to be in his dad's hometown.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

I haven't used periscope before, so had a look. I found an Eagles Detroit pt2 and an Eagles Detroit pt3, for a total of about 1hr50 minutes and watched it. The concert sounds great. Of course the sound quality isn't perfect being recorded on a phone. But the performances, both vocal and instrumental, sound great.

Pity there isn't more Tim though.

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

That's the one i was watching. A few songs are missing but I saw almost the whole concert.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

A few reviews from last night's concert. Deacon talking about his dad and dedicating PEF to his dad. So I was right. He did have relatives in the audience. Don dedicating Life in the Fast Lane to Glenn's old high school. I remembered Don saying something before Life In The Fast Lane, but I didn't know what he said.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...ders-home-town

Pictures from last night.
    http://media.theoaklandpress.com/201...-in-photos/#27

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Don did his talk about Deacon having done some small parties with his dad in front of 150 people or so. Then their first concert was 55,000 people. And how impressive this was.

(That wasn't before LITFL, but earlier on.)

All 'facts' dependent on my notably fallible memory.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the videos Shun.

I heard somebody say something before Life In The Fast Lane started, but I couldn't hear it. They were about to start the song and somebody said something.

Post Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

Here's another review from last night's show. They even wrote what the guys said before and after each song. I didn't know Vince had said anything before a song.

It looks like he said that line before Life's Been Good, but I'm going to recheck the video.

http://www.mlive.com/music/index.ssf...t_setlist.html

Ok. I just checked the video. Don did say something about Glenn's alma mater before LITFL. It also had them give a false start to the song.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Shun for all the links!!! Was wondering about this show in particular being Glenn's hometown. Nice that more of the Frey family was there and maybe some of his old school friends with Don's shoutout.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."