Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2017

Border Rebel

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Im so glad they decided to go again. Though I got to see them at the classic east, I already hope to see them again. I agree with you Delilah that I doubt they will do a full tour but I bet they do groups of mini tours in all parts of the US. I hope they come to mass but New England would do. But I think the guys sounded great. Deacon seemed to gain confidence and do better. I think he should get more lead vocals next time (if there’s a next time). I think they should the set list a little but other than that, the band is doing great the way they are
    Same here. I went to the Classic East as well, and I'm hoping they'll come to MA (would love Fenway in the spring!) or somewhere else close, as I'd love to see them again.

Delilah, thank you so much for posting the videos. I've loved watching them!

As to the review, everyone grieves in their own way. From what we heard, Joe broke down during his performance at the private memorial service, so you can't say he doesn't care. To me, they don't have to cry in front of the audience to make it heartfelt and respectful. (And I feel that their tribute to Glenn at these shows is heartfelt and respectful. In addition, both Joe and Deacon have mentioned it as healing.) I know I'll regret stating my opinion on this, but I'm going to do it anyway. I don't want to feed the negativity, but I feel strongly about it. I'm sick of Don (and Joe and Timothy, to a lesser degree) being treated as complete jerks because their tribute to Glenn isn't good enough for some.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI - October 27, 2

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Same here. I went to the Classic East as well, and I'm hoping they'll come to MA (would love Fenway in the spring!) or somewhere else close, as I'd love to see them again.

As to the review, everyone grieves in their own way. From what we heard, Joe broke down during his performance at the private memorial service, so you can't say he doesn't care. To me, they don't have to cry in front of the audience to make it heartfelt and respectful. (And I feel that their tribute to Glenn at these shows is heartfelt and respectful. In addition, both Joe and Deacon have mentioned it as healing.) I know I'll regret stating my opinion on this, but I'm going to do it anyway. I don't want to feed the negativity, but I feel strongly about it. I'm sick of Don (and Joe and Timothy, to a lesser degree) being treated as complete jerks because their tribute to Glenn isn't good enough for some.
    Like I said, I wasn't bashing the band. I was talking about the reviewer.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Chaim, FreyPower said, "If some effort had been made at some point to shed a few tears, I would be slightly more accepting of it all."

She wasn't at the memorial for Glenn or actually with any of the guys over the past almost two years, but it sounds like if she were able to confirm that Don, Joe and Tim cried on stage during an Eagles concert, then she would be more approving of their activities. I think this is what MC was referring to. FP wants the guys to make an effort to cry so we can see it. This way we will know that they are actually sad that Glenn died.

Stuck on the Border

Well, I am sure they have all shed more than a few tears, particularly poor Deacon. Shedding tears to me means nothing more than they are emotional at that particular time. I have seen video where Joe was near tears when he played TITTL in 2016, Tim also seemed very emotion on the first video I saw of him singing PEF. I did not have the pleasure(or money) to attend the Runway concerts Don did in Dallas. However, I read reviews that said he could barley talk about Glenn without getting chocked up at the first one. Everyone grieves in different ways.

I believe what most Glenn Frey fans would like to see is a concert dedicated to Glenn like a George Harrison type thing. Proceeds could be donated to RA and UC. And that has not happened yet. Whether it will or not time will tell.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Chaim, FreyPower said, "If some effort had been made at some point to shed a few tears, I would be slightly more accepting of it all."

She wasn't at the memorial for Glenn or actually with any of the guys over the past almost two years, but it sounds like if she were able to confirm that Don, Joe and Tim cried on stage during an Eagles concert, then she would be more approving of their activities. I think this is what MC was referring to. FP wants the guys to make an effort to cry so we can see it. This way we will know that they are actually sad that Glenn died.
    MC, I understand why the sarcasm in this post is directed so strongly at me. I wasn't there, I don't know these men, so how the hell would I know anything about their grief? I stand admonished, I guess.

It isn't so much that I wanted them to break down on stage or anything like that. I chose my words badly. As you all know, I don't believe they should be on a stage together anyway unless it had been at a proper tirbute concert. If they had done that, then they would have had a reason to show their feelings even for a limited time.

I'm afraid that I still don't feel that what they are doing by flashing up one photo is a 'tribute'. I said what I would have preferred and I didn't get it. I cried for the moon (shine on you crazy diamond).Now like Toni I will stay away from these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    MC, I understand why the sarcasm in this post is directed so strongly at me. I wasn't there, I don't know these men, so how the hell would I know anything about their grief? I stand admonished, I guess.

It isn't so much that I wanted them to break down on stage or anything like that. I chose my words badly. As you all know, I don't believe they should be on a stage together anyway unless it had been at a proper tirbute concert. If they had done that, then they would have had a reason to show their feelings even for a limited time.

I'm afraid that I still don't feel that what they are doing by flashing up one photo is a 'tribute'. I said what I would have preferred and I didn't get it. I cried for the moon (shine on you crazy diamond).Now like Toni I will stay away from these threads.
    Even though we often disagree I do agree that they should had either a Glenn tribute concert or made all the future concerts had slightly more tribute in them. But I don't think tears are good because at the end of the day the people pay good money to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post

A Concert at fenway would be simply amazing. To have the iconic american sport, the most iconic ballpark, and arguably the most iconic american band together would be such a wonderful moment.

This article was referenced earlier in the thread but I didn’t see a link. Some interesting insights from the newspaper of Glenn’s hometown that noted how the band was met with “an affectionate, grateful reception from a near-capacity crowd that clearly grasped the weight of the occasion.”

Also this:

Friday was an all-around family affair at LCA. On hand was Cindy Frey, widow of Glenn and mother of Deacon, who’d flown in from L.A. with Eagles manager Irving Azoff. Ahead of show time, she made her way to Section 125 for a high-spirited reunion with about a dozen of Glenn Frey’s cousins and their spouses, treated to premium seats for the night.

And running around backstage was daughter Taylor Frey, now assisting her brother as part of the band’s road staff.
    With all the strong support from Glenn’s family, it’s hard to believe that Glenn would have objected to the band carrying on without him. It could very well have been his wish that the band continue. Of course only his family and close friends would know for sure.

”Eagles bring new voices, classic songs in sentimental visit to Glenn Frey's home turf” Detroit Free Press, Oct. 28, 2017

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The Eagles is not under the total control of Don Henley or Irving Azoff. The Frey family has a substantial interest in the brand and is clearly supportive of keeping the band up and running the only real question is how long they can continue with this current lineup and game plan.

Second, I have listened to a couple of songs and frankly am greatly underwhelmed. I can't imagine ever seeing the brand in concert with this lineup or any other one.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Like it or not, they are a band and their “brand” was established many, many years ago. How long they can continue depends on their health, vocal abilities, schedules and personal preferences. Based on the tremendous success of these concerts, the audience isn’t going away anytime soon, so that doesn’t appear to be a factor at this time.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...