Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

My review of the three songs and commentary on SiriusXM:

1) Take it to The Limit - Don gave a nice introduction to Vince. Noted that he won more Grammys than any other male country artist (22?) and 17 CMA awards.

Hearing this song on Sirius reminds me why we should never judge anything by what we hear on iPhone recordings on YouTube from the audience at Eagles shows in arenas. Hearing the proper feed makes such a huge difference. The song sounds so lush, so beautiful, his voice and the way he sings the song are fantastic. It is not like Randy, nothing ever will be. But if you can try to not compare and just enjoy what Vince has to give, it is really, really lovely. Timothy's bass was turned up higher than usual so that is cool for his fans.

2) In the City - This version of the song gives a master class in high harmony backing vocals. I'm pretty much going to leave it at that haha. Actually, Joe sounds really fab at some points and really not good at others. It was good.

3) I Can't Tell You Why - Timothy told the audience they are really well-behaved haha. His voice sounds good, it's a hard song to sing. Frankly surprised that anyone at his age can still sing it. The bass turned up high in the mix again, very cool.

When Vince sings backup on this, it really elevates the soul/RnB level, which I noticed. I think he does it on purpose, he is not blending with Don. I thought it sounded like something Barry White would sing, but after the song, the DJs said it sounded like Marvin Gaye or George Benson. Vince's vocal adds something. The guitar solo got loud applause half-way through - very cool. The Nashville fans know their music, and hopefully they all know that Glenn played it on the album.

Looking forward to the Hotel California channel starting at Thanksgiving and hearing the entire show. Definitely sounded like the guys were enjoying it!

Default Re: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Here are some pictures from last night. I'm going to post a few pictures and also the link from gettyimages because their are a lot of good pictures from the concert and the red carpet.

Here are the links. The pictures from last night stop at page 5.
    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...t=best#license
    http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/gr...t=best#license

A lot of country stars were there. The only ones I recognize were The Oak Ridge Boys, Reba, Brooks and Dunn, Kid Rock, Charles Estein, Gary Allan, Amy Grant and her daughter with Vince, Corrina, Sara Evans, and Big and Rich.

This is my favorite picture. Don and Deacon hugging.

Aww. Marjorie, Timothy, Sheryl, Deacon and Taylor

Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-30-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    My review of the three songs and commentary on SiriusXM:

1) Take it to The Limit - Don gave a nice introduction to Vince. Noted that he won more Grammys than any other male country artist (22?) and 17 CMA awards.

Hearing this song on Sirius reminds me why we should never judge anything by what we hear on iPhone recordings on YouTube from the audience at Eagles shows in arenas. Hearing the proper feed makes such a huge difference. The song sounds so lush, so beautiful, his voice and the way he sings the song are fantastic. It is not like Randy, nothing ever will be. But if you can try to not compare and just enjoy what Vince has to give, it is really, really lovely. Timothy's bass was turned up higher than usual so that is cool for his fans.

2) In the City - This version of the song gives a master class in high harmony backing vocals. I'm pretty much going to leave it at that haha. Actually, Joe sounds really fab at some points and really not good at others. It was good.

3) I Can't Tell You Why - Timothy told the audience they are really well-behaved haha. His voice sounds good, it's a hard song to sing. Frankly surprised that anyone at his age can still sing it. The bass turned up high in the mix again, very cool.

When Vince sings backup on this, it really elevates the soul/RnB level, which I noticed. I think he does it on purpose, he is not blending with Don. I thought it sounded like something Barry White would sing, but after the song, the DJs said it sounded like Marvin Gaye or George Benson. Vince's vocal adds something. The guitar solo got loud applause half-way through - very cool. The Nashville fans know their music, and hopefully they all know that Glenn played it on the album.

Looking forward to the Hotel California channel starting at Thanksgiving and hearing the entire show. Definitely sounded like the guys were enjoying it!
    MC. They also played Life In The Fast Lane. So they gave us 4 songs instead of 3. I was almost afraid they wouldn't play a song by Don, but they did.

It sounded great. I can't wait to listen to it next month. Yeah. Joe was a little rough in some parts of IN The City, but still sounded good.

I was trying pick out Don and Vince on the chorus of I Can't Tell You Why. I thought the opposite. They both blended very well on this song. I couldn't really tell Don and Vince vocals apart which is good. You don't suppose to tell their vocals apart when they're harmonizing. I thought it was Vince who was doing the high part harmony on the chorus, but after listen to this instead of videos, it was still Timothy. Now you can hear Vince when they all are harmonizing together. I do hear Vince.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-30-2017 at 09:34 AM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks for the pictures, Shun. Really nice! Thanks too for the review Mary.

Here's a very brief video from the news. I like what the Oak Ridge Boys said about the Eagles. I didn't know they were a fan of their music. I see why they are my favorite country group.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/eag...y-for-1st-time

Stuck on the Border

Thank you all for the links, reviews and pictures. Of course, I don't know who any of these people are, apart from the guy from the tv show.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks everyone for all the pics and info about it!!! I'm a huge country music fan so it's awesome seeing all of them together and hearing again how the Eagles have influenced those artists so much. Hopefully when we get the free preview next month I'll get to hear it.

Also, Joe posted a pic of him and Sheryl on Twitter too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Here's a picture of the guys with the president of SiriusXM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Shun, thanks for the links and pics of this! And MaryC for your review of the songs! Much appreciated! Have to say I don't care for Joe and Tim's facial hair! I just think gray facial hair ages you and Joe's is so much darker than his bleached blonde mane.

I accidently heard TITTL Saturday on Classic Vinyl as we were driving in the car and knew it was Vince singing. They said it was recorded from one of the Classic shows and then more about the new channel coming up in November. I thought he did great on it. Hopefully, I will get a chance to hear the others soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've never thought about his height before, but Deacon seems to be a lot taller than his father. Taller than Don and even Joe - not that they are giants though. Is Deacon six foot one or something?