Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Default Re: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

I saw a picture of Cindy and she's with them. I guess somebody is taking care of Otis, but than again. He is 15.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the review, pics and links. I didn’t think they would play a whole setlist but they apparently did. Lucky attendees!

I think that depends on the harmony arrangement. You brought up the Oak Ridge Boys and I can often hear the bass singer (Richard?) and they’re some of the best harmonizers around.

Often times children will be taller than their parents due to better nutrition, prenatal care, etc. although of course genetics plays a role.
    True. It definitely depends on the harmony arrangement. Yes. You definitely can hear Richard on a lot of their songs. I think with The Oaks, they are usually a band who actually only sings 4 part harmony compare to the Eagles having 4 or 5 harmonies. They have their tenor, bass, baritone and most of the time the lead singer is can sing any part. The Oaks were gospel group first and they kept the 4 part harmony when they crossed over to country. Not that many in country music. Actually it really wasn't that big back in the day.

Most of the time, that fifth person is singing under one of the other people. When you hear them in concert, you are going to mostly hear Joe and Richard sticking out because Joe is the high tenor like Vince and Timothy. So his vocal will always stick out more just like Timothy since he's the top of the harmony.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Setlist Grand Old Opry

"Seven Bridges Road"
    "Take It Easy"
    "One of These Nights"
    "Take It to the Limit"
    "Tequila Sunrise"
    "Witchy Woman"
    "In the City"
    "I Can't Tell You Why"
    "Peaceful Easy Feeling"
    "Best of My Love"
    "Lyin' Eyes"
    "Love Will Keep Us Alive"
    "New Kid in Town"
    "Those Shoes"
    "Already Gone"
    "Walk Away"
    "Heartache Tonight"
    "Life's Been Good"
    "Funk #49"
    "Life in the Fast Lane"
    "Hotel California"
    "Rocky Mountain Way"
    "Desperado"

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Troubadour

I do find the choice to go for an identical setlist surprising; given the Grand Ole Opry is synonymous to country music I would have thought they would try to revive some of the earlier or laid back work: Doolin-Dalton, Ol' 55 or How Long for example. The likes of Those Shoes or Walk Away seem a tad misplaced!

I got the feeling that this show came together very quickly, and they have been on the road. Maybe they felt like there wasn't sufficient time to work up some different material for a broadcast.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I do find the choice to go for an identical setlist surprising; given the Grand Ole Opry is synonymous to country music I would have thought they would try to revive some of the earlier or laid back work: Doolin-Dalton, Ol' 55 or How Long for example. The likes of Those Shoes or Walk Away seem a tad misplaced!
    They didn’t play at the Grand Ole Opry, they played at the Grand Ole Opry House, which, while it is the home of the Grand Ole Opry, is a concert venue like any other concert venue. I’ve been to many shows there and most of them were not country. I even saw a Jay Leno show there once.
    Last edited by tbsfan; 10-30-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

They don't have to stick with a country theme, or traditional country theme since modern country is a mix of so many genres. I could see that more if it was at the original Ryman auditorium.

About Deacon's height knowing from studying genetics it skips generations sometimes so he probably got his height from a grandfather. Same thing happened to my Dad as he's 5'11" and my Grandpa is 5'6", but they look alike still, and he got his height from my Grandma's father.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Taylor is absolutely glowing. She is beautiful and looks so happy. I'll bet she and her mom are thrilled that she seems to be officially on the road with the guys. The only reason I think she is "with them" is that before this show, Shun or someone else mentioned that she was on the road with her brother. And her mom was at the show in Detroit with Glenn's relatives. I wonder if these shows make them feel closer to Glenn? Maybe...
    Mary C - Hi how are you ?
    I am so happy that Cindy and Taylor are with Deacon to support him. I hope they were all able to attend the Detroit show as I know Glenn still has family there. It is so sweet that Taylor is with Deacon on this tour. They seem very close.

Stuck on the Border

I like the photo of Don & Deacon smiling, but I couldn't find it in the link, so thanks to Shun for highlighting it.

Walsh needs to lose that ridiculous moustache.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Definitely agree on the mustache, FP.

I think it's funny that Timothy and Kid Rock are friends from living in Malibu. Random.