Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    MC. They also played Life In The Fast Lane. So they gave us 4 songs instead of 3. I was almost afraid they wouldn't play a song by Don, but they did.
    Gah, I'm an idiot! I was listening to it sitting in my car in the driveway, and the Dodgers were in the world series on TV inside! The 3rd song ended at precisely 8:30 so I thought it would be the end and hustled myself back inside.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I've never thought about his height before, but Deacon seems to be a lot taller than his father. Taller than Don and even Joe - not that they are giants though. Is Deacon six foot one or something?
    It's weird because in the photo with Taylor he looks SO much taller than everyone else, but in the photo with the guys from Sirius, where you can see everyone's shoes and they're all standing pretty much in a line, not so much. Not so much in the photos from stage, either. He's definitely taller, but is he 3-"4' taller or 6" taller?

Google tells me that Vice Gill is 6'3". That's like Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age - we don't often see them that big up front, singing and playing guitar! So, I'm going with 6'0" or 6'1" for Deacon.

Also, I think Don has some 2" stacked heels on.

Stuck on the Border

Shun - Thanks for the links - can I listen even though I don't have Sirius ?
    Mary C. Thanks for the great review.

Deacon is 6'2' tall - taller than everyone except Vince. He is much taller than Glenn, who was only 5'9''. Taylor looks so cute in the picture with Deacon.

Vince is about 6'2 or 6'3. So Deacon has to be about 6'1 or 6'2 since he's not that far in height with Vince.

I had wonder where his tallness came from since Glenn was 5'9. Timothy looks so weird standing next to Vince.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Anyone know how tall Cindy and Taylor are ?
    Have to say I don't care for Tim's or Joe's facial hair. I'm not big on beards or mustaches except for a certain guy. Even then, I liked him better clean shaven.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Anyone know how tall Cindy and Taylor are ?
    Have to say I don't care for Tim's or Joe's facial hair. I'm not big on beards or mustaches except for a certain guy. Even then, I liked him better clean shaven.
    I have to say I like Timothy's grey beard. However, Joe's mustache...

Looking at the pictures, it looks like Timothy, Deacon and Vince are kinda leaning while Don and Joe are standing straight. So that's probably why Deacon looks a little shorter. He was standing tall in the picture with his sister, Sheryl, Timothy and Marjorie. I think I've seen a picture of Deacon and Vince by each other and Deacon is maybe an inch or two shorter than Vince.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

A few articles from last night.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...oncert-w510477

http://www.wideopencountry.com/eagles-opry-nashville/

I want to highlight the Oak Ridge Boys because they are my other favorite group. I just saw them in concert 3 weeks ago at my state fair. I'm going to tweet the Oaks and thank them for their nice compliments to the Eagles.
    “Any group that has sung harmony has to admire the Eagles,” Duane Allen of the Oak Ridge Boys said. “They pick great songs, and the harmonies they put in their music are top level, all the way.”
    http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...ill/808394001/

Thanks for the review, pics and links. I didn’t think they would play a whole setlist but they apparently did. Lucky attendees!

They both blended very well on this song. I couldn't really tell Don and Vince vocals apart which is good. You don't suppose to tell their vocals apart when they're harmonizing. I thought it was Vince who was doing the high part harmony on the chorus, but after listen to this instead of videos, it was still Timothy. Now you can hear Vince when they all are harmonizing together. I do hear Vince.
    I think that depends on the harmony arrangement. You brought up the Oak Ridge Boys and I can often hear the bass singer (Richard?) and they’re some of the best harmonizers around.

Vince is about 6'2 or 6'3. So Deacon has to be about 6'1 or 6'2 since he's not that far in height with Vince.

I had wonder where his tallness came from since Glenn was 5'9. Timothy looks so weird standing next to Vince.
    Often times children will be taller than their parents due to better nutrition, prenatal care, etc. although of course genetics plays a role.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Taylor looks so cute in the picture with Deacon.
    Taylor is absolutely glowing. She is beautiful and looks so happy. I'll bet she and her mom are thrilled that she seems to be officially on the road with the guys. The only reason I think she is "with them" is that before this show, Shun or someone else mentioned that she was on the road with her brother. And her mom was at the show in Detroit with Glenn's relatives. I wonder if these shows make them feel closer to Glenn? Maybe...