Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at Grand Ole Opry October 29,2017

Thanks for the awesome photos, Shun! I like Timothy's beard very much, he kinda looks like a Beach Boy.

Joe's mustache makes him resemble the evangelist Hal Lindsey. Not his best look, but if the Mrs. likes it, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I like the photo of Don & Deacon smiling, but I couldn't find it in the link, so thanks to Shun for highlighting it.

Walsh needs to lose that ridiculous moustache.
    That's weird. It was there this morning. Now it disappear. I'm glad I saved that picture to my phone.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-30-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thanks for the awesome photos, Shun! I like Timothy's beard very much, he kinda looks like a Beach Boy.

Joe's mustache makes him resemble the evangelist Hal Lindsey. Not his best look, but if the Mrs. likes it, all is well.
    Too funny,NMB! He does look like Hal Lindsey!Lol!😀
    I do like Timothy's beard as well.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Timothy can work the beard but Joe's mustache looks ridiculous. Especially combined with his hair color. But as NightMistBlue said, if the missus likes it all is well.

I'm glad Taylor has been able to tour with the band. I'm sure it's comforting to Deacon having someone close to him be with him. They seem like close siblings to me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    That's weird. It was there this morning. Now it disappear. I'm glad I saved that picture to my phone.
    So am I, because it helped me greatly. That's all I'll say.

Border Desperado

Seeing as how this concert was recorded specifically for audio broadcast, and performed in a much more acoustically friendly venue, do you think we might end up with a live album or video from this very contained, orchestrated event?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Seeing as how this concert was recorded specifically for audio broadcast, and performed in a much more acoustically friendly venue, do you think we might end up with a live album or video from this very contained, orchestrated event?
    I hope not.

It would be tragically ironic if after all this time they decided that it was suddenly time to put out a video. I cannot think of anything more wrong, although I am well aware that some here would welcome it.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    It would make a lot of sense. We don't know how long it will last, but this is another iteration of Eagles. I think it would be nice if there was some permanent legacy of this version of the band.

I'd much prefer a live video to just a live album.

I agree with AT. I wouldn’t mind having a live dvd of this line-up with Vince and Deacon; it would sure beat watching temporary phone videos on YT. However, I can certainly understand how that would leave a bitter taste in the mouths of some fans who didn’t get a dvd while Glenn was in the band.

To those fans, I would say the Opry House performance was a special one-of-a-kind event that may not have happened but for Vince’s influence. That would make it different from other concert performances.

Also, it may have been Glenn himself who opposed the release of any kind of official dvd of the HOTE tour. He may not have wanted a recording of a time he was not feeling in the best of health, or there may have been other reasons.

At any rate, it doesn’t really matter b/c I doubt it will happen.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope not.

It would be tragically ironic if after all this time they decided that it was suddenly time to put out a video. I cannot think of anything more wrong, although I am well aware that some here would welcome it.
    Agreed FP.

To me this is not the Eagles and I would just as soon erase this era of the band out of my memory and history books at the same time if I could. To put out a video of "this" after we've asked for videos of the real band for years would be shameful.

If they want to put out DVD's, they should do either LROOE or HOTE era footage. Or maybe HFO or 70s era. I don't care what era of the real band. But please for the love of all things music do not put out an album with this era or live video.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."