Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Shun, I believe there are a number of us who are excited. And there’s nothing wrong with being excited. This probably won’t be the thread to express that though. It’s just going to be a re-hash of 3.0 where the same dead horse will be beaten over and over. Which is why I doubt I’ll be posting here. I may start a thread in the Eagles Guest sub-forum at some point.
    I try to keep it limited to that thread - and you bring it up here. You actually took a thread that didn't have any conflict and created it, in order to complain about a conflict that exists in one thread on the forum. You thus ensured that it now exists in more than one thread.

I find that highly ironic.

I also find it very disappointing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Thanks again for bringing that forward Dawn. Well, interesting Irving says they will not do any recordings. However, I don't believe a word he says. Time will tell. Interesting he is now not calling it an "Eagles Tour". So, in all seriousness, would they be a tribute band ?
    Thanks again NKIT I had some connectivity trouble editing my original post to thank you but finally got it right.

That's an interesting question. All I know is once again the way this was made public leaves alot to be desired. Two different sources, two different statements.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.
    So the "Classic" dates will be the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett now? Interesting. I wondered if they had abandoned the "Classic" marketing once they went for the "Eagles" tour. Apparently not entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Azoff
    Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh
    "Next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows."
    This is what I don't get. Why is Azoff so coy? It's going to come out anyway. He acts like they're still agonizing over whether or not to play dates. It's so disingenuous. The decision has long since been made.

At any rate, with 40-50 dates, I imagine anyone in the US who is keen to see them will have an opportunity.

"I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”
    Well, I daresay he's right that it wouldn't sell.

“I look at it as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music."
    This is how I've wanted to hear it characterized from the outset. I, and others who think like me although I do not presume to speak for anyone but myself, would find this tour acceptable if they did not call themselves the Eagles. However, this interview is the only place I've seen such a characterization.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is what I don't get. Why is Azoff so coy? It's going to come out anyway. He acts like they're still agonizing over whether or not to play dates. It's so disingenuous. The decision has long since been made.
    At any rate, with 40-50 dates, I imagine anyone in the US who is keen to see them will have an opportunity.
    Well, I daresay he's right that it wouldn't sell.
    Well, Irving is being coy the same way he was in March when he made the first announcement and had people speculating for a month or more before more details were released. I'd bet my bank account that he has already booked numerous shows. How far out next year do Joe, Tim and Vince have shows scheduled ? Also, don't bet that they don't release an album in the future. I don't believe a word Irving says. There are people out there who would buy an album. People leave comments on their fan FB pages all the time saying they hope they release a new album, usually the E/W concerts. I would expect an announcement next year that things have been so successful they are releasing an album. JMHO, but they will never book themselves as anything but the Eagles.

Dawn -Your Welcome. In this case I would go by what Joe says. Like I said, I bet Irving probably already has his people booking those 40-50 dates.

I try to keep it limited to that thread - and you bring it up here. You actually took a thread that didn't have any conflict and created it, in order to complain about a conflict that exists in one thread on the forum. You thus ensured that it now exists in more than one thread.

I agree.

If someone has a problem with the opinions in the 3.0 thread it's simple - don't read it. And certainly don't post about it in threads unrelated to it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

This is not the first thread where those who don't like the band continuing have been criticized (well, not them, but their behavior) even before any of them has said anything! I don't expect that to happen in this thread.

I too found Azoff's "still in flux" comment a bit weird. Joe sounded very excited in that interview. I don't mind them being excited at this point, but why have two different messages coming from them.

Well, Irving is being coy the same way he was in March when he made the first announcement and had people speculating for a month or more before more details were released. I'd bet my bank account that he has already booked numerous shows.
    He'd have to be booking / already booked them for practical reasons alone. Venue schedules fill up - especially the kind of venues they play. He'd need to reserve dates.

Also, don't bet that they don't release an album in the future. I don't believe a word Irving says. There are people out there who would buy an album. People leave comments on their fan FB pages all the time saying they hope they release a new album, usually the E/W concerts. I would expect an announcement next year that things have been so successful they are releasing an album.
    True. A live release wouldn't take too much effort, and neither would throwing together some solo stuff they have lying around, adding harmonies, and calling it "EAGLES." They wouldn't sell like they used to, but they'd still make money. They'd even chart, I bet. You don't have to sell much to top the album charts these days. The younger generation doesn't buy albums. The people that attend these concerts do.

I won't count on anything.

This thread was created by someone who has been quite vocal about her opposition to the new Eagles. The following post referred to them as a tribute band. I could already sense the direction this was taking. There have been a number of attempts to bring up 3.0 in other threads, including Randy and Felder’s sub-forums. I am sorry you are disappointed but I believe I had a basis for my skepticism.

Did I jump the gun? In hindsight perhaps I did. It’s hard to know. It appears Freypower’s post has given the green light for others to express their excitement and she was responding in part to my post. (Thank you FP, as I can imagine this is a disappointing development for you).

At any rate I’ll refrain from any more comments in this regard. There is no conflict as far as I’m concerned.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Well, I kind of started the post and if it caused any conflict I'm sorry. That's not what I intended. I mentioned the tribute band because of the quote where Irving says they are not calling it an Eagles tour and stated it was a tribute to Eagles music. My question about them being called a tribute band was serious. If he is not calling it an Eagles tour than what is it going to be called ?
    I really don't want to argue with people - that's not what I joined this board for. I have said what I have to say about the band and have moved on. I have also stated numerous times that I hope if people have the opportunity to see the guys they should go. I understand that not everyone had the opportunity to see them before Glenn passed. I had wanted to see them during the HOTE Tour and it did not work out for me.