Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Out on the Border

Default Re: 2018 Tour

I am so excited to hear that they will tour next year! I hope I can make it work. I doubt they will come close to where I live so I would probably have to travel. Joe said 40-50 dates and Irving said a handful of shows, so I am confused as to what the actual number is, but I will try to make it if I can. My mom and I went to The Classic Northwest in Seattle and it was fantastic, and we said that if the Eagles have just one concert in 2018, we would find a way to get there somehow. The concert, for us, was that good. Looking forward to finding out where they're going! And I would buy any audio/video concert they put out, so maybe I'm just easy.

Edit: After reading through the thread, I apologize to anyone who is not happy about the tour. I see where you're coming from and I understand that the hurts have not healed, and that's okay. Just because I'm excited, that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same, and I respect that. Hugs to everyone.
    Last edited by eagles557; 11-15-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Border Rebel

eagles557-I hope you get to go with your mom next year. And thanks for the hugs all around! Very sweet.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is how I've wanted to hear it characterized from the outset. I, and others who think like me although I do not presume to speak for anyone but myself, would find this tour acceptable if they did not call themselves the Eagles. However, this interview is the only place I've seen such a characterization.
    Exactly. I would be more inclined to attend if it were categorized as a celebration of Eagles music rather than an Eagles concert. I know I posted my previous quandary, but I decided I didn't like it at all, and wanted no part of it. If they can make me believe they are genuinely interested in celebrating Glenn rather than replacing him I can get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Just to be clear, judging by your own words, your post wasn't a simple misreading of my intentions. It was a rush to judgment, unfair and unkind and frankly I am not going to waste my time or energy pretending otherwise.
    I’m sorry if you think my apology is inadequate. I said I wouldn’t make any more comments regarding this and I was trying not to string things out.

Many people have strong feelings about this situation, regarding whether they do or do not support the current line-up. They have been consistent in expressing those feelings. I don’t always know where you stand. One day you declare the band ended for you in 2015 and you make disparaging remarks about the current line-up and their motivations. Another day you’re posting videos from their latest concert and creating threads about their future plans. There is nothing inherently wrong with that of course; people change their minds all the time. It can be hard to know what to expect though when it happens frequently.

In any case, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. My mistake. I apologize for rushing to judgment, being unkind and unfair.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I make no apologies for how I feel about the band and have been consistent in those thoughts/feelings while at the same time trying to be respectful of others who think and feel differently. I have posted links and info for the benefit of everyone, regardless of "where they stand" because it's not about who is right and who is wrong.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This thread was created by someone who has been quite vocal about her opposition to the new Eagles. The following post referred to them as a tribute band. I could already sense the direction this was taking. There have been a number of attempts to bring up 3.0 in other threads, including Randy and Felder’s sub-forums. I am sorry you are disappointed but I believe I had a basis for my skepticism.

Did I jump the gun? In hindsight perhaps I did. It’s hard to know. It appears Freypower’s post has given the green light for others to express their excitement and she was responding in part to my post. (Thank you FP, as I can imagine this is a disappointing development for you).

At any rate I’ll refrain from any more comments in this regard. There is no conflict as far as I’m concerned.
    I appreciate your saying this. I was responding to shun's 'nobody cares' comment. She has done this a few times now. It is quite obvious that the majority of people on this board now DO care. They DO want the survivors to continue (I will not call them by the band name).

The problem now is where do those of us who disapprove now go? We are running out of options. People know our views. We lost. To use one of my least favourite sayings from the US election, perhaps we should 'suck it up, snowflakes'. I guess we should.

Or we could choose not to go quietly and proclaim how wrong we believe this to be until the crack of doom. But at the end of the day, we appear to be spoiling everyone else's fun.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

FP - and therein lies the conundrum. It's never going to be a fit, because this board remains open for fans of the current lineup to continue to post about new activities. The problem is that our host, Soda, does not approve of the new activities, and neither do many longtime members, so it will be constant sniping back and forth. It is an uneasy, awkward dynamic. I feel guilty for posting about the fun new stuff the guys are doing, you feel guilty for ruining our fun. What are we all to do???

For me, I think it comes down to staying true to one's beliefs and principles. I plan to stay the course.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11-15-2017 at 08:22 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    FP - and therein lies the conundrum. It's never going to be a fit, because this board remains open for fans of the current lineup to continue to post about new activities. The problem is that our host, Soda, does not approve of the new activities, and neither do many longtime members, so it will be constant sniping back and forth. It is an uneasy, awkward dynamic. I feel guilty for posting about the fun new stuff the guys are doing, you feel guilty for ruining our fun. What are we all to do???
    There is no need for you to feel guilty. You represent the 'future' while speaking for myself, I represent the past, which is ironic for me given my political leanings. I think you will find that the minority of us who disapprove will just fade away, although as you say it makes it hard for Soda.

Now once again. you've got your new topic in which you can celebrate the 2018 tour. I have no wish to rain on your parade.

Stuck on the Border

Don't worry, fans of the current activities. Go visit the KISSFAQ forum and see how divided that one is. Still they manage to get by somehow. No one should feel guilty for how they feel. I sure as h*** don't feel guilty saying I don't like what they're doing one bit. But I won't keep shouting it from the rooftops, because it doesn't change anything and the rest of the world doesn't have to feel like I do. I don't keep quiet about it because of guilt.