Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I appreciate your saying this. I was responding to shun's 'nobody cares' comment. She has done this a few times now. It is quite obvious that the majority of people on this board now DO care. They DO want the survivors to continue (I will not call them by the band name).

The problem now is where do those of us who disapprove now go? We are running out of options. People know our views. We lost. To use one of my least favourite sayings from the US election, perhaps we should 'suck it up, snowflakes'. I guess we should.

Or we could choose not to go quietly and proclaim how wrong we believe this to be until the crack of doom. But at the end of the day, we appear to be spoiling everyone else's fun.
    Well, FP, we may dislike it, but it will happen regardless. I will still express my displeasure, and I hope you, Soda, and everyone else who is in the minority continues to as well. I respect those who feel differently, and expect the same in return.

I never knew Glenn personally but does anyone actually think that Glenn would not want fans to continue supporting the band without him? I doubt that very much. I would like to think he is in heaven looking down and smiling that his Eagles are still drawing massive crowds to the shows.

I really don't see the need for us to justify why we support or don't support the band continuing as the Eagles without Glenn in this thread.

If you want to see how people feel on the topic, you can take a look at Eagles 3.0, and no Phil, in that thread, I haven't presented any portraits of Glenn smiling down from Heaven to justify my opinion. I do have a few less fanciful reasons, though. I just don't want to get into them here.

Of course people of both opinions can comment here, but I'd like to keep generalized discontent over the band's continuance to the Eagles 3.0 thread to avoid redundancy and keep this and other similar threads on their specific topic.

I'd just like to stay away from that so-called debate in this thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I notice I'm contradicting myself, so I guess I'm still not sure about how I feel about them being excited about the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Don't worry, fans of the current activities. Go visit the KISSFAQ forum and see how divided that one is. Still they manage to get by somehow. No one should feel guilty for how they feel. I sure as h*** don't feel guilty saying I don't like what they're doing one bit. But I won't keep shouting it from the rooftops, because it doesn't change anything and the rest of the world doesn't have to feel like I do. I don't keep quiet about it because of guilt.
    I’m guessing most of the KISSFAQ members are guys? I’ve gone to the Smiley Smile board a couple of times and they can be pretty blunt.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I looked at the KISSFAQ forum and didn't see much. Some people were arguing about posting of pictures of spaghetti, but I'm not sure what this is about. While there appear to be arguments about Paul Stanley's voice being shot, I didn't see anything like what I've seen here. Are there some links to particularly contentious threads?

EDIT: Thinking about the tour, one thing is that Tim seems under-used. It's perhaps different for me than for other fans as I am familiar with the songs on his solo albums, particularly LoF and Expando. However, it does seem a pity that he only gets the two songs LWKUA and ICTYW. However, the concerts are 'hits' concerts, and those are the two Eagles singles he's sung on. So, I can see why.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I looked at the KISSFAQ forum and didn't see much. Some people were arguing about posting of pictures of spaghetti, but I'm not sure what this is about. While there appear to be arguments about Paul Stanley's voice being shot, I didn't see anything like what I've seen here. Are there some links to particularly contentious threads?
    I was trying to lighten the mood. No need to take it this seriously. There are fans who love Thayer & Singer and those who consider Kiss half a tribute group now. And there's a constant battle between them. (No, not literally every second). Spaghetti is often mentioned by those who despise Thayer, because at some point when he worked for Kiss, but wasn't IN Kiss, he ordered pizza for Peter Criss.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I was trying to lighten the mood. No need to take it this seriously. There are fans who love Thayer & Singer and those who consider Kiss half a tribute group now. And it's seen there all the time. The spaghetti is often used by those who despise Thayer, because at some point when he worked for Kiss, but wasn't IN Kiss, he ordered pizza for Peter Criss.
    I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in. The pizza explanation helps; I couldn't make sense of the reference.

In reading I noticed a few people saying that they are fans of all eras of the group. I guess that's in reaction to people who aren't, but didn't see the 'reacted to' views.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in. The pizza explanation helps; I couldn't make sense of the reference.

In reading I noticed a few people saying that they are fans of all eras of the group. I guess that's in reaction to people who aren't, but didn't see the 'reacted to' views.
    There are people who can't get over Singer and Thayer being in Criss's and Frehley's makeup. And instead of moving on and letting others discuss the current Kiss in peace, they still make fun of especially Thayer all the time even though he's been in Kiss and in Frehley's makeup for fifteen years. The spaghetti thing is getting really boring.

Stuck on the Border

I guess I was trying to say that IMO in this forum the interaction is healthier for both sides. At least there's some effort and consideration for others. But I guess, like Delilah said, most people in that forum are guys and a group of guys being gathered together in the internet doesn't necessarily always guarantee that the most intelligent side is brought out from everyone.
    Last edited by chaim; 11-16-2017 at 12:34 PM.