Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    There are people who can't get over Singer and Thayer being in Criss's and Frehley's makeup. And instead of moving on and letting others discuss the current Kiss in peace, they still make fun of especially Thayer all the time even though he's been in Kiss and in Frehley's makeup for fifteen years. The spaghetti thing is getting really boring.
    OK, this makes sense. I can see how the makeup and reusing makeup would be grating for some, but can't see that it should become what appears to be the dominant point that someone is on a KISS forum to discuss.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    OK, this makes sense. I can see how the makeup and reusing makeup would be grating for some, but can't see that it should become what appears to be the dominant point that someone is on a KISS forum to discuss.
    And for fifteen years!

That spaghetti story sounds funny! I don’t get why Singer and Thayer didn’t just use their own make-up (I don’t follow KISS so I don’t know any details). Not that it really matters to me, I’m just curious.

I think with a mostly male forum, there seems to be a different dynamic.

As far as Timothy goes, I don’t see him getting more leads unless he sings one of Glenn’s songs.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    As far as Timothy goes, I don’t see him getting more leads unless he sings one of Glenn’s songs.
    I agree that this is what is likely to happen. I think that 'All Those Faces' with full (current) Eagles harmonies would be stupendous. But, the concerts are 'the hits', so it's unlikely to happen.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I can only imagine what the fan sites/message boards for Journey looked like when they started touring with a guy they found on the internet singing lead on all of the songs!! Glad I wasn't a hardcore fan, though I certainly enjoy Steve Perry's unique voice. That is one that I never thought could be replaced. I'm sure we have a thread for this, sorry to go off topic. The KISS comments made me think about Journey, and then realized they played the Classic West.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I can only imagine what the fan sites/message boards for Journey looked like when they started touring with a guy they found on the internet singing lead on all of the songs!! Glad I wasn't a hardcore fan, though I certainly enjoy Steve Perry's unique voice. That is one that I never thought could be replaced. I'm sure we have a thread for this, sorry to go off topic. The KISS comments made me think about Journey, and then realized they played the Classic West.
    I've posted this here before, but I was at a concert for the Scottish Band Runrig after they replaced their lead vocalist. With a Canadian. When he came out everything went really silent when he started singing. But, the result appeared to be approval. (My partner is a fan of the band, or it seems - I'm discussing them now - perhaps was a fan but is less eager now as they got a bit 'gloomy' after the new vocalist joined.)

For Journey, I think it's cool that they chose a Filipino singer. But then I am not a big fan of the band so I'm not invested.

Border Desperado

If replacing vocalists bugs you, don't listen to much Southern Gospel Quartet music. I am a fan of a group named "The Kingsmen" (not louie louie kingsmen) and just since I started listening to them in the mid 90's, they have had at least 15 different vocalists (singing in a 4 part group). The bass singer is in his 70s and has been there since the early 1970s, but every part of the group has changed several times other than him. What's amazing is though not identical, when you get the harmonies going, and everyone singing their parts, you start to forget that it wasn't the guy who recorded a particular song that's singing it live.
    Another interesting thing from that genre. Groups will often re-record older songs with the current groups, although those often are not store released albums, but something in that industry called "table tapes". Self recorded and released for sale only at the concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I think with a mostly male forum, there seems to be a different dynamic.
    I've noticed this with the Doctor Who forum I visit. Male-dominated forums seem to have a lot more fighting and they tend to go for the jugular pretty much right away with the worst epithets they can think of, but they also seem to have a lot less angst about it. There seem to be fewer "Can't we all just get along" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit
    I wasn't taking it seriously, and thought it might be amusing to see argument over things that I'm not invested in.
    AT, if you'd like to see some of that, try the Stevie Nicks v. Lindsey Buckingham fan wars that pop up often in the Fleetwood Mac fandom and understand how tame we are here. An example: Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3 pm

But I digress. Regarding Timothy, I do think it's rather harsh that he has fewer leads than Deacon Frey. They should bring back Keep on Tryin' - with all the new people singing harmonies, it'll sound very Poco-esque.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've noticed this with the Doctor Who forum I visit. Male-dominated forums seem to have a lot more fighting and they tend to go for the jugular pretty much right away with the worst epithets they can think of, but they also seem to have a lot less angst about it. There seem to be fewer "Can't we all just get along" posts.

AT, if you'd like to see some of that, try the Stevie Nicks v. Lindsey Buckingham fan wars that pop up often in the Fleetwood Mac fandom and understand how tame we are here. An example: Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3 pm

But I digress. Regarding Timothy, I do think it's rather harsh that he has fewer leads than Deacon Frey. They should bring back Keep on Tryin' - with all the new people singing harmonies, it'll sound very Poco-esque.
    YES!! I love Keep on Tryin. I wish they'd recorded it.