Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    AT, if you'd like to see some of that, try the Stevie Nicks v. Lindsey Buckingham fan wars that pop up often in the Fleetwood Mac fandom and understand how tame we are here. An example: Stevie doesn't like to rehearse until after 3 pm
    I'm on The Ledge under a different name, and consider myself invested in FM.

My personal opinion is that I love Stevie's songs when they are produced by Lindsey. E.g. those on the album SYW. However, I fully support Stevie's preferences to not have her work produced by Lindsey, and think it very unfair that she is often heavily criticised, called names, etc., for not wanting to record new music as Fleetwood Mac. That's her choice. I think that some fans seem to think they have the right to tell artists what they should or should not do. I disagree with that.

I'm also disturbed by recent claims that Lindsey may have been at least aggressive, and possibly physically abusive, to Stevie, during Fleetwood Mac work. If this is the case, my support for Stevie doing whatever she damn well pleases, whether or not this fits in with the preferences of fans, doubles.

With KISS I care far less. In particular since Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons seem a right pair of so-and-sos.

The Eagles will be touring this coming spring and summer with possible dates added. Some dates with Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor and one with Chris Stapleton. Shows with Jimmy, James and Chris are stadium shows while the other shows are regular arena shows.

The Arlington, Denver and Washington, D.C shows go on sale on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 10am and the other shows the next day on December 2nd.

No show near me at this moment. So I will have to wait again.

https://eagles.com/news/295895

The following “Evening with the Eagles” arena concerts are scheduled for:
    Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
    Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
    Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
    Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Center
    Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden

The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will perform the following concerts:
    Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
    Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
    Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
    Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field

The Eagles and James Taylor & His All-Star Band will perform the following concerts:
    Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
    Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park

The Eagles with special guest Chris Stapleton will perform the following concert:
    Sat Jun 23 Dallas, TX AT&T Stadium
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-21-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

No dates near me either for now. Would've loved seeing them with Jimmy, James, or Chris as I'm a fan of all 3 too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Rebel

I'm really happy they're playing in Boston. Granted, I was hoping for Fenway. I'm not all that crazy about TD Garden as a venue, but I'll take it!

Yay for the Dallas date!!! I have already informed the hubs/family to not plan anything else for that day, we have plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm on The Ledge under a different name, and consider myself invested in FM.

My personal opinion is that I love Stevie's songs when they are produced by Lindsey. E.g. those on the album SYW. However, I fully support Stevie's preferences to not have her work produced by Lindsey, and think it very unfair that she is often heavily criticised, called names, etc., for not wanting to record new music as Fleetwood Mac. That's her choice. I think that some fans seem to think they have the right to tell artists what they should or should not do. I disagree with that.

I'm also disturbed by recent claims that Lindsey may have been at least aggressive, and possibly physically abusive, to Stevie, during Fleetwood Mac work. If this is the case, my support for Stevie doing whatever she damn well pleases, whether or not this fits in with the preferences of fans, doubles.

With KISS I care far less. In particular since Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons seem a right pair of so-and-sos.
    lol. I use the same one for both for easy recognition. Yeah, there's way more drama over there, and I'm kind of glad that it's stable here. But the drama can be entertaining. Why does the dislike towards Stevie need to be typed out? I mean, I'm not a Stevie fan, but I don't make it a point to bash her or put her down every chance I get. Lol, that's the Ledge where you take sides, at least for some people.

While I do think it's too bad that more than likely there won't be a Fleetwood Mac album with all five at this point, I'd rather them be happy doing whatever they want to be doing. I don't know if they really want to tour other than to just make a lot of money because I've heard that the Classic shows that they did weren't as good as they could be or they didn't look as jovial about it. Buckingham McVie probably showed them that they could have fun just playing as a duo with a backing band minus all the drama, but it wouldn't be Fleetwood Mac without the drama though, lol.

Anyways, I'm sad that there aren't any Northern California dates. Is the sound good at any of these places, since it's a stadium tour? I would think that an indoor arena would be okay but an outdoor stadium would be meh. For those that decide to go, I hope you all have fun!

New additional dates in Indianapolis, St. Louis, Des Moines, Calgary, Edmonton, New Orleans and Tulsa. These shows will be an Evening With The Eagles.

https://eagles.com/news/295914

3/12/2018 - Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
    3/14/2018 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
    3/18/2018 - St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
    3/21/2018 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
    3/23/2018 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
    4/14/2018 - Orlando, FL @ Camping World Stadium
    4/21/2018 - Miami, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium
    5/10/2018 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
    5/14/2018 - Calgary, AB @ Saddledome
    5/15/2018 - Edmonton, AB @ Rogers Place

6/17/2018 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
    6/20/2018 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center

6/23/2018 - Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium
    6/28/2018 - Denver, CO @ Coors Field
    6/30/2018 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Field
    7/15/2018 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    7/20/2018 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
    7/26/2018 - Washington, DC @ Nationals Park
    7/28/2018 - Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

There's only one show that's close to me and that's New Orleans on June 20th. I did say I would go to either New Orleans, Shreveport, Memphis or Birmingham.

The show is on a Wednesday. I hate that that date is during the week, but I'm going to sacrifice and try to go to the show. They finally close to me and I don't want to miss this opportunity. I probably will head back home after the show. I can't stay over.

Its funny that I'll be back in New Orleans three weeks later for my cruise.

I bought tickets to the Dallas (Arlington) show!! Me and the fam are going, I am going to have to put their tickets in their stockings and count it as Christmas presents.

I'm wondering if the high Eagles ticket prices are related to the venue? I just bought my ticket for New Orleans and it's not much different in price compared to others I've seen there.

Granted, I've never seen anyone perform at MSG but are the prices for other artists in the same range as what the Eagles are charging? I'm sure the Eagles have some say in ticket price but if they are purposely charging higher prices, won't it be the same price in every venue? Dallas (bigger venue than NOLA) had way more expensive tickets.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."