Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s Will

Default Glenn’s Will

From today’s Daily Mail newspaper

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...sole-heir.html

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn’s Will

Phil - I don't know how things are done in the UK, but is is very common in the US for a spouse to leave their entire estate to the remaining spouse when they pass. My Dad left everything to my Mom when he passed. Every relative of mine left their estate to their surviving spouse. All my friend's parents did the same thing.

That's definitely the norm in this country, for sure. If the children are adults, then sometimes, the will provides for the surviving spouse, and then a smaller part for the children. But most often, the surviving spouse is the sole heir, although there may be bequests in the will for the disposition of personal items. For instance, if Glenn wanted Joe to have a particular guitar or something like that.

Border Rebel

Since his estate was only listed as 100k, that would leave a very large family trust fund. I'm sure he had great financial advisers to set it up so that his estate was reduced for tax purposes. Trust funds would allow money to go to the children at various ages and situations. Trusts also allow for future family members such as grandchildren, etc.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Surprised to hear that Irving was Glenn's choice to administer his estate, after Cindy. This says a lot about their relationship.

Stuck on the Border

Just my 2 cents, but I would guess Glenn chose Irving as the administrator after Cindy due to all the band related details that he would have first hand knowledge of and experience with. From what I have read he was close to his brothers but I don't know if they would up to dealing with all those complicated band/legal details. He also had his attorney listed as an administrator.
    I would guess all the guys have/had their wills/final wishes long since written out.

Glenn loved his family, and part of being a responsible husband/dad/brother, etc. is making sure you have those kinds of issues taken care of way in advance. Anything else just causes unnecessary heartache for your family, and I know Glenn wouldn't have wanted to do that. To say nothing of seeing examples all around him of famous people whose wills/estates weren't in order, and the chaos surrounding them when they died. Michael Jackson is a cautionary tale on that subject.

I'm sure he made certain everything was absolutely in order when he found out how sick he was. That must have been such a hard conversation for Cindy to have. Bless her.

I definitely think Irving being a co executor of the will helps prove the point that Glenn was ok with the band going on

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I definitely think Irving being a co executor of the will helps prove the point that Glenn was ok with the band going on
    I don't think this has anything to do with continuing on with the band. Irving's been friends with Glenn for years and it's natural that he would have some hand in the will especially since so much of the income was derived from music revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Much has been speculated about what Glenn would or would not have wanted in terms of the fate of a band he co-founded and presumably co-owned with Don Henley.

My personal opinion is I don't think we will ever definitively know what Glenn's wishes were unless/until someone in a position of authority chooses to make that information public.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016