Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn’s Will

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn’s Will

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Much has been speculated about what Glenn would or would not have wanted in terms of the fate of a band he co-founded and presumably co-owned with Don Henley.

My personal opinion is I don't think we will ever definitively know what Glenn's wishes were unless/until someone in a position of authority chooses to make that information public.
    Agreed. I absolutely refuse to make such a connection. Irving was chosen to take care of the business details, not necessarily to give approval to the band continuing.

I'm very surprised the DM got hold of this information.

@FP: In the United States, once a will has been through the probate process, it is considered public record, and as such, copies of it can be requested. So I imagine word got around that the will had gone through probate and was now accessible as a public record. There may be other legal issues to iron out, but a probated will is public.

@YEF: I doubt Glenn choosing Irving as a secondary administrator had anything to do with the future of the band. He helped set up a lot of the legal structures, and is thus the best resource to tell any attorneys who may ask how it was all put together. The whole music/songwriting business is an intricate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Agreed. I absolutely refuse to make such a connection. Irving was chosen to take care of the business details, not necessarily to give approval to the band continuing.

I'm very surprised the DM got hold of this information.
    It appears the DM got the story from TMZ, who first “broke” it (if one can call it that). TMZ probably has someone assigned to scour the public records of the L.A. County courthouses to find celebrity news stories. Either that, they have plants on the inside who tip them off when public records of celebrities become available (I’m assuming the will was probated in California although I really don’t know for sure).

My guess is some of the delay in probating the will is due to the inability to locate the original (if it’s actually considered a delay).
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-16-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Much has been speculated about what Glenn would or would not have wanted in terms of the fate of a band he co-founded and presumably co-owned with Don Henley.

My personal opinion is I don't think we will ever definitively know what Glenn's wishes were unless/until someone in a position of authority chooses to make that information public.
    That’s fair. I don’t think Glenn would be mad if they went on with just Deacon replacing him. That wasn’t a realistic option however. I’m not sure how he would feel about Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @FP: In the United States, once a will has been through the probate process, it is considered public record, and as such, copies of it can be requested. So I imagine word got around that the will had gone through probate and was now accessible as a public record. There may be other legal issues to iron out, but a probated will is public.

@YEF: I doubt Glenn choosing Irving as a secondary administrator had anything to do with the future of the band. He helped set up a lot of the legal structures, and is thus the best resource to tell any attorneys who may ask how it was all put together. The whole music/songwriting business is an intricate one.
    I think that it could mean that. I went too far with this but I don’t think it’s a massive stretch to think trusting Irving with the will means he knew what his wishes were in general

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

The administrator has a fiduciary duty to follow the wishes of the deceased. I can't believe that people choose to believe that Cindy and Irving don't know what Glenn's wishes are, with regard to everything! Especially with regard to the future of the band!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    The administrator has a fiduciary duty to follow the wishes of the deceased. I can't believe that people choose to believe that Cindy and Irving don't know what Glenn's wishes are, with regard to everything! Especially with regard to the future of the band!
    But we don't know that. Unless a statement is made which specifically states that Glenn wanted the band to continue without him, I will not make such assumptions. And no statement to this effect has ever been made.

And as I have said time & time again, even if he wanted them to continue, does not make it right or make it mandatory for me to agree with it.

If Azoff or Henley knew what Glenn's wishes were I have to wonder why the news of the band reforming was handled so poorly.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It wasn’t handled poorly. For the people who don’t want them doing anything under the Eagles name, it doesn’t matter how it was communicated. The guys are making it up as they go. They are humans with feelings, in mourning, and there is no roadmap. People say things at stressful times under pressure, and then over months and years change their minds.

I’m not saying that it was Glenn’s wish that the band continue with his son and Vince Gill. In fact, I honestly doubt he gave a crap what the guys did. I do believe, however, that the guys continuing on under the Eagles name is not something he objected to. And there is evidence for this - the fact that his executors and grown children are allowing it to take place. This is what I choose to believe, until someone presents evidence to the contrary.

I spent quite some time reviewing the timeline of events, various statements and announcements and frankly how I feel about the band reforming or using the Eagles name has NOTHING to do with my assessment. Sorry, but that argument is getting old.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016