Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glenn’s Will

Default Re: Glenn’s Will

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It wasn’t handled poorly. For the people who don’t want them doing anything under the Eagles name, it doesn’t matter how it was communicated. The guys are making it up as they go. They are humans with feelings, in mourning, and there is no roadmap. People say things at stressful times under pressure, and then over months and years change their minds.

I’m not saying that it was Glenn’s wish that the band continue with his son and Vince Gill. In fact, I honestly doubt he gave a crap what the guys did. I do believe, however, that the guys continuing on under the Eagles name is not something he objected to. And there is evidence for this - the fact that his executors and grown children are allowing it to take place. This is what I choose to believe, until someone presents evidence to the contrary.
    Excellently said! I agree completely.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    Excellently said! I agree completely.
    I agree as well. There is no-one on this Earth who will have a better understanding of what Glenn would have wanted than his family and those that worked with him in Eagles. That's not to say that Glenn communicated this to them explicitly; I believe that he didn't expect to pass and didn't tidy up loose ends. But in terms of 'what would Glenn want', nobody can overrule what Glenn's family and other Eagles members believe on this matter.

Stuck on the Border

I'll come in with a "Me, too". The evidence is that Glenn trusted Cindy with his estate and Irving to provide support. There's been nothing to suggest that anyone who was close to Glenn disagrees with what is being done.

Of course, that doesn't mean that fans have to like the latest developments, just as they don't have to like everything that has happened in the history of the band.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'll come in with a "Me, too". The evidence is that Glenn trusted Cindy with his estate and Irving to provide support. There's been nothing to suggest that anyone who was close to Glenn disagrees with what is being done.

Of course, that doesn't mean that fans have to like the latest developments, just as they don't have to like everything that has happened in the history of the band.
    UTW, frankly I don't know why Glenn's family would not be okay with "what's being done" IMHO without Deacon Frey this wasn't ever going to happen in the first place. Regardless, it does not matter to me one way or the other. I have been a fan for as long as the band has existed and have accepted the reality that for me, it's over.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11-17-2017 at 11:45 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

My best guess is that Glenn said he was indifferent if they went on or not. I doubt he made a declaration either way unless he stated he wanted to go on with Deacon

I'm not surprised Glenn left everything to Cindy. He's been married to her for 26 years. The only time Cindy wouldn't get anything is if Glenn didn't write Cindy in the will the first time or secretly wrote her out of the will which I know he wouldn't do that. I think he probably has updated his will a few time over the years to included their kids. So unless Glenn redone his will again after Otis was born, the will is probably close to 15 years old, but he probably has redone again recently before he died.

Thank goodness this is a happy ending when it comes to Glenn's estate. Their are families right now fighting because they are left out of the will. Its either the children pissed because their parent didn't leave them anything or their spouse didn't update their will to included their current spouse.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I hope it's not inappropriate but got to say that Cindy looks fantastic in that picture. Go girl!

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

Stuck on the Border

SS - I don't see a picture of Cindy.

It's the pic of Cindy and Glenn at the Lupus fundraiser a few years ago. Click on the link in the thread's first post.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016