Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Control View Post
    Heard two Elvis Presley songs as "influences": That's All Right and Suspicious Minds

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I know Don liked him and Elvis was one of Glenn's nicknames, but are there any other stories of Elvis' influence on either the band or its members separately?
    Timothy has said in interviews that Hound Dog was the first record he bought.

I know DH has talked about the influence Elvis had on him. Seems like he said the first record he bought was an Elvis single. Maybe "That's All Right Mama," but I could be wrong.

I'd like to hear some big band music under the "influences" header, since Glenn was named after Glenn Miller and heard that music growing up. My parents are also from the same generation as his, so I heard it growing up, too, in spite of the fact I was born 20 years later. LOL.

It was Hound Dog that was Don's first Elvis single he bought or in this case his mother bought.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Ah. That's right. I remember now!

Add Steve Winwood to the Family Tree.

David Fricke just said that Joe co-write and played lead guitar on Split Decision which is on his Back in The High Life Again album.

So Steve has worked (well share the same stage for one of them) with two Eagles. Don and Joe. I don't know if he worked with the other guys.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Add Steve Winwood to the Family Tree.

David Fricke just said that Joe co-write and played lead guitar on Split Decision which is on his Back in The High Life Again album.

So Steve has worked (well share the same stage for one of them) with two Eagles. Don and Joe. I don't know if he worked with the other guys.
    Does sharing a stage count as 'working' with someone?

Banned

When Joe came to England to play at the Jim Capaldi tribute in 2007, Joe and Stevie sang Love Will Keep Us Alive together. Joe's a big fan of Stevie, Gimme Some Lovin' is one of his favorite tracks, Traffic is one of his favorite bands.

Timothy's a big fan of Stevie too. When he was starting out in the music business, Stevie's vocals were within Tim's vocal range. Asked to sing a classic track on UK radio, several years ago, Tim sang Blind Faith's Can't Find My Way Home.

I just heard right now that Timothy's guest DJing show is tomorrow. I can't remembered if I heard 5:00pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern/3:00pm Central. I was so happy to hear that they are finally showing Timothy's show, that i forgot. Lol
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I just heard right now that Timothy's is tomorrow. I can't remembered if I heard 5:00pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern/3:00pm Central. I was so happy to hear that they are finally having Timothy's time, that i forgot. Lol
    I heard it too. It's 5:00 pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I remembered seeing 5:00pm.